Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng

Green Tea
Mao Feng China Green Tea
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I love how these leaves are so "matter-of-factly" - they are sturdy and stand their ground! Precise, skinny, longish green-grey leaves...lovely! Upon opening the bag I was stunned with how...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Noooo, Steepster ate my huge tasting note! Dry, the leaves look thin, dark and spindly. There's beautiful sea-spray and freshly cut grass scents to the leaves and brewed tea. Very light...” Read full tasting note
    Starfish 89 tasting notes
  • “This was the first tea I tried from my recent Teavivre order. At first when I brewed it up, I was too cautious. I only used 1 tsp of leaves and did very short steeps (10s). But it didn't taste...” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 318 tasting notes
  • “I drank two glasses of this tea from Teavivre, Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng, earlier today. I really prefer to write "in the moment" tasting notes but, alas, I kept encountering the dreaded Steepster...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1290 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Produced in Tianmu Mountain(天目山), Lin’an County, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang, China

Harvest Time: March 27, 2014

One bud with one leaf, or one bud with two
leaves

Tight and thin shape of dry tea leaves

Soup presents a bright yellowish green color which has a long-lasting flavor

Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee)

Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng Green Tea is one of the ten famous Chinese teas. This Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng Green Tea origins in organic tea base of Tianmu Mountain in Lin’an, Hangzhou. The organic tea base of Tianmu Mountain, has passed the organic certification of European, USA and Japan, is a significant base of planting organic dragon well and green tea.

When brewing, it tastes light sweet and fragrance. In Chinese, Mao Feng refers to the hairy buds—to be covered by pekoes means a super quality of the tea leaves.

This Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng Green Tea is produced by traditional manual frying method and the idea of modern crafts of tea making. Combined with the advantages of organic tea and high grade tea, it is suitable for tea lovers of organic tea,

Organic Certification
USDA Certification (NO. A-2011-01070_1 / 2012-04961)
View : CertificateAnnex
EU Certification (NO. A-2011-01070_1 / 2012-04958)
View : CertificateAnnex
JAS Certification (NO. A-2011-01070_1 / 2012-04959)
View : CertificateAnnex
Our Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng Green Tea meets the most strictly European low pesticide residues standard for agricultural products. View Quality Safety Analyzing Report

About Teavivre View company

I love how these leaves are so “matter-of-factly” – they are sturdy and stand their ground! Precise, skinny, longish green-grey leaves…lovely!

Upon opening the bag I was stunned with how FRESH and amazing the aroma was – very much like dark leafy greens, spinach, and something sweet…sugar snap peas, perhaps! Very nice! Powerful nose!

Once infused the aroma mellowed-out quite a bit.

The liquor color was that of a yellowish-green…bright but light with little to no texture to the eye.

As for the flavor…a tasty, slightly vegetal, slightly green-veggie type broth taste. There is a bit of buttery-goodness, to it, too! Very nice! This is completely FRESH and CLEAN and CRISP!

Mao Feng’s are among my favorite greens! This is superb!

Noooo, Steepster ate my huge tasting note!

Dry, the leaves look thin, dark and spindly. There’s beautiful sea-spray and freshly cut grass scents to the leaves and brewed tea.

Very light liquor – like a green tinted white tea. Smooth, slight hint of seaweed, grassy and “fresh”. Depending on how resteeps go, this could definitely belong in my cupboard.

JC

I can relate, I recommend using copy before submitting. It has saved me loud rants.

Miss Starfish

Thanks for the tip!

This was the first tea I tried from my recent Teavivre order. At first when I brewed it up, I was too cautious. I only used 1 tsp of leaves and did very short steeps (10s). But it didn’t taste strong enough and there was no bitterness. So today I’m trying it with more leaf and a longer steep time.

Obligatory sniff in the bag: Smells really green and creamy with a hint of fruit (lychee)

First steep: Has a much stronger vegetal scent than taste. Very light, sweet, slightly vegetal and fruity. Aftertaste reminds me of sugar snap peas.

Second steep: Very refreshing, maybe slightly bitter but not too noticeable. It’s becoming quite buttery and vegetal, with the sweetness remaining.

Third steep: Still has a very consistent green and buttery flavour from the previous cup.

I purchased this tea on a whim. My apartment gets really hot in the summer and I was craving some green tea to drink. So I ordered 3 green teas from Teavivre, which themselves also came with some green tea samples. ;) Along with my recent Camellia Sinensis order, I went from having no green tea to 7! LOL
A year ago I wouldn’t even think about buying so much green tea. I’d had so many bad experiences with, what I assume was either old green tea or uhh choppy bagged stuff. (And it doesn’t help if they give you bad steep instructions) So I’m very glad that Teavivre helped turn me onto fresh green tea.

Overall I like this green tea. It’s not my favourite type of tea, but I’ve learned to enjoy it more. What I like most is it’s ease of brewing (it doesn’t come out bitter) and the slight sweetness.

100ml gaiwan, 2 generous tsp (hard to scoop so I had to be generous), 3 steeps (1m, 1m, 1m15)

195 °F / 90 °C

I drank two glasses of this tea from Teavivre, Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng, earlier today. I really prefer to write “in the moment” tasting notes but, alas, I kept encountering the dreaded Steepster black page, so I’ll have to try to remember how I felt.

I do recall that the light greenish yellow liquor was very satisfying and both vegetal and slightly sweet. I was trying to decide whether I like this organic variety more or less than the non-organic Huang Shan, but honestly it was impossible to say without doing a direct side-by-side steep-off. Fortunately, this sample envelope contained a whopping 10 grams, so I’ll be able to make that comparison soon, as I have a full supply of the Huang Shan on hand.

One interesting discovery is that this tea is less expensive than the Huang Shan, since it is sold by the 100 gram portion, not 50 grams. I really like Mao Feng, and I’m always happy to drink organic tea, so I do see a full supply of this Tian Mu in my future.

165 °F / 73 °C 2 min, 30 sec 5 g 17 OZ / 502 ML