Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dorothy

• “I love how these leaves are so "matter-of-factly" - they are sturdy and stand their ground! Precise, skinny, longish green-grey leaves...lovely! Upon opening the bag I was stunned with how...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Noooo, Steepster ate my huge tasting note! Dry, the leaves look thin, dark and spindly. There's beautiful sea-spray and freshly cut grass scents to the leaves and brewed tea. Very light...” Read full tasting note
    Starfish 86 tasting notes
  • “This was the first tea I tried from my recent Teavivre order. At first when I brewed it up, I was too cautious. I only used 1 tsp of leaves and did very short steeps (10s). But it didn't taste...” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 302 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Product description not available yet.

About Teavivre View company

I love how these leaves are so “matter-of-factly” – they are sturdy and stand their ground! Precise, skinny, longish green-grey leaves…lovely!

Upon opening the bag I was stunned with how FRESH and amazing the aroma was – very much like dark leafy greens, spinach, and something sweet…sugar snap peas, perhaps! Very nice! Powerful nose!

Once infused the aroma mellowed-out quite a bit.

The liquor color was that of a yellowish-green…bright but light with little to no texture to the eye.

As for the flavor…a tasty, slightly vegetal, slightly green-veggie type broth taste. There is a bit of buttery-goodness, to it, too! Very nice! This is completely FRESH and CLEAN and CRISP!

Mao Feng’s are among my favorite greens! This is superb!

Noooo, Steepster ate my huge tasting note!

Dry, the leaves look thin, dark and spindly. There’s beautiful sea-spray and freshly cut grass scents to the leaves and brewed tea.

Very light liquor – like a green tinted white tea. Smooth, slight hint of seaweed, grassy and “fresh”. Depending on how resteeps go, this could definitely belong in my cupboard.

JC

I can relate, I recommend using copy before submitting. It has saved me loud rants.

Miss Starfish

Thanks for the tip!

This was the first tea I tried from my recent Teavivre order. At first when I brewed it up, I was too cautious. I only used 1 tsp of leaves and did very short steeps (10s). But it didn’t taste strong enough and there was no bitterness. So today I’m trying it with more leaf and a longer steep time.

Obligatory sniff in the bag: Smells really green and creamy with a hint of fruit (lychee)

First steep: Has a much stronger vegetal scent than taste. Very light, sweet, slightly vegetal and fruity. Aftertaste reminds me of sugar snap peas.

Second steep: Very refreshing, maybe slightly bitter but not too noticeable. It’s becoming quite buttery and vegetal, with the sweetness remaining.

Third steep: Still has a very consistent green and buttery flavour from the previous cup.

I purchased this tea on a whim. My apartment gets really hot in the summer and I was craving some green tea to drink. So I ordered 3 green teas from Teavivre, which themselves also came with some green tea samples. ;) Along with my recent Camellia Sinensis order, I went from having no green tea to 7! LOL
A year ago I wouldn’t even think about buying so much green tea. I’d had so many bad experiences with, what I assume was either old green tea or uhh choppy bagged stuff. (And it doesn’t help if they give you bad steep instructions) So I’m very glad that Teavivre helped turn me onto fresh green tea.

Overall I like this green tea. It’s not my favourite type of tea, but I’ve learned to enjoy it more. What I like most is it’s ease of brewing (it doesn’t come out bitter) and the slight sweetness.

100ml gaiwan, 2 generous tsp (hard to scoop so I had to be generous), 3 steeps (1m, 1m, 1m15)

195 °F / 90 °C