Organic Superfine Moderately Roasted Tie Guan Yin “Iron Goddess” Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre
Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 7 g 7 oz / 207 ml

• “Full review on http://sororiteasisters.com/ at 6pm central time May 14th but here are snippets: The aroma of Organic Superfine Moderately Roasted Tie Guan Yin “Iron Goddess” Oolong Tea is...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I am really glad that I ordered this sample because I find myself really enjoying roasted oolongs. I used the whole sample package for this cup. This is delicious. I didn't get the coffee notes,...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “I haven't been writing any notes lately but I've been testing new teas... Time to get in gear. :D I got my Teavivre order yesterday and with it some samples I wanted to try out. This tea was one...” Read full tasting note
    Kamyria 125 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Zhangzhou(漳州) in Fujian, China

Ingredients: Hand made into small, rolled up leaves

Harvest time: July, 2012

Taste: Sweet and soft taste with coffee fragrance for first sip, long-last flavor, sweet aftertaste around throat

Brew: Use water at 212ºF (100ºC) and infuse the tea for 1-3 minutes

Health Benefits: Tie Guan Yin tea is the premium form of Chinese Oolong teas. Being lightly fermented, these teas are high amino acids, vitamins, polyphenols and antioxidants. These combine into a tea that reduces cholesterol and helps reduce hardening of the arteries, and so can help reduce risks of heart attacks. The antioxidants it contains can also help guard against some forms of cancer, and also help fight the affects of aging and bacterial infections.

About Teavivre View company

The aroma of Organic Superfine Moderately Roasted Tie Guan Yin “Iron Goddess” Oolong Tea is milky and creamy, which is surprising since I was really anticipating a deeper roasted aroma. Regardless, I love a milky tea so if it tasted milky I would be fine with that. I decided to go ahead and let it steep for a couple more minutes since Iron Goddess does not get bitter with longer steeps. This seems to be the way to go because after two more minutes after an initial 2 minutes it became stronger, bolder, with a coffee like aroma and that roasted aroma I was expecting. I will later hate to try it with a shorter steep though as I am sure that milky aroma had something to it!

Also this is a tea that keeps on giving. Even with my long five minute steep the first time around I can continue to keep on steepin! Following steeps have some interesting notes highlighted that bring about the thoughts of a green tea, such as green bean for example, but more like veggies that are fire roasted! So good! I love having this Iron Goddess with some milk chocolate, it really taste like s’mores between the creamy note in the tea and the smokiness with the toasty note, and of course the chocolate!

I used the whole sample package for this cup.
This is delicious. I didn’t get the coffee notes, but I also only brewed for 1 minute. I found it a bit sweet and roasted notes really shine through with that buttery TGY. It tastes almost a bit creamy.
I might have to order this!

Resteep at 2 and 3 minutes. I think the second steep was my favourite because all the notes really melded together and it was really smooth and almmost velvety.

I probably could have gotten more steeps out of the leaves but I ran out of time in my day :(

I haven’t been writing any notes lately but I’ve been testing new teas… Time to get in gear. :D

I got my Teavivre order yesterday and with it some samples I wanted to try out. This tea was one of them.

I am really impressed, it’s simply lovely. Dry leaves smelled sweet and a little vegetal. I agonized over how much tea am I suppose to use but ended up using the entire sample packet (7.5g) for 7 ounces of water.

I rinsed and then I steeped it for 2 minutes but I think 1.5 minutes would have been sufficient too as a first steep. The resulting liquid was brown with smoky, flowery aroma. The taste was just as wonderful: roasted goodness, reminiscent a bit of coffee with some flowery notes and pleasantly sweet.

Right now I’m on my second steep which is as lovely as the first. I’m thinking this is something I would love to have in my cupboard permanently. :)

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 7 g 7 OZ / 207 ML
TheTeaFairy

Nice to have you back Kamyria :-)

Kamyria