Huang Shan Dried Chrysanthemum (Gongju)

Flowering Tea
Chrysanthemum
Edit tea info Last updated by nonygray

• “These are so beautiful ^_^ pic.twitter.com/I3N2eGEjMw I didn't know what to expect but as I opened the sample sachet lots of white/yellow chrysanthemum flowers came tumbling out as if by magic....” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1075 tasting notes
  • “A big thank you to Teavivre for allowing me to sample their teas again! I always love having the opportunity! Now, I have had a chrysanthemum tea once, and that was several years ago. I know I...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 469 tasting notes
  • “I was very curious about this tea. So I had to order a sample. I used 15 flowers for this cuppa. This tastes very floral (obviously!) and very similar to chamomile. It is actually very...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 802 tasting notes
  • “Water: 8oz at 185 degrees Leaves: light yellow flower w/ green base Steep: 3m Aroma: floral chamomile spice Color: yellow Taste: The scent reminded me of chamomile but with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    Alreot 50 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Shexian County in Huangshan City, Anhui, China

Ingredients: Autumn Chrysanthemum

Harvest time: November, 2012

Taste: Slightly bitter with sweet aftertaste

Health Benefits: Chrysanthemum owns high praise among Chinese poets. It is not only a beautiful sight of view, but also a kind of useful medicine. Its health benefits, such as protecting liver and eyes, make it favored by many people.

About Teavivre View company

These are so beautiful _ pic.twitter.com/I3N2eGEjMw

I didn’t know what to expect but as I opened the sample sachet lots of white/yellow chrysanthemum flowers came tumbling out as if by magic. They are whole flowers too that have been dried and preserved. They have a sweet, floral and herby scent.

The loose flower petals sink straight away and then the flowers themselves start to slowly sink as they absorb the water. Very peaceful to watch.

Once steeped this tea is very light yellow and smells very herbal. I can’t narrow it down other than to say general herbal fragrance.

Flavour is light and sweet with a slight herbal after taste which matches the smell. Very refreshing and pleasant.

The second steep is much sweeter and floral and less herbal. So elegant and beautiful.

Very happy I found these, placing another order for some more.

Long live chrysanthemum tea.

185 °F / 85 °C

Now, I have had a chrysanthemum tea once, and that was several years ago. I know I enjoyed it, but I don’t remember much else. (Besides the fact that it was much lower quality than this one.)

The tea itself is beautiful. Delicate, pale flowers with green buds at their base, almost like little daisies. They smell sweet and sort of spiced. I’m instantly reminded of spring. They seem to have been dried very gently, as there is no trace of bruising or brown spots anywhere. Very interesting! As it steeps, the flowers fluff up and expand, making me wish for a glass teapot to prepare them in. It would be so lovely…

The tea brews up to a light shade of greenish yellow, as I expected. It smells a lot like fresh chrysanthemums, but also kinda like chamomile. But not exactly. It’s a little hard to describe. The flavor is light as well, and very clean tasting. It’s soothing and very floral, of course. The description mentions it being slightly bitter, but I’m not getting that. Perhaps I would if I added more flowers.

This would be a great tea to end a summer night with.

Mercuryhime

I grew up with Chrysanthemum tea as a remedy for colds and coughs. It’s also great iced with a bit of honey. :)

gmathis

It’s an acquired taste, but I think I’m finally beginning to acquire it.

I was very curious about this tea. So I had to order a sample.
I used 15 flowers for this cuppa.

This tastes very floral (obviously!) and very similar to chamomile. It is actually very comforting and calming. I am not sure if I would drink it all the time, but it would be nice every once in awhile.

I resteeped for 3 minutes, and it was quite similar in taste.

It is ok chilled, but I much prefer it hot.

Water: 8oz at 185 degrees

Leaves: light yellow flower w/ green base

Steep: 3m

Aroma: floral chamomile spice

Color: yellow

Taste: The scent reminded me of chamomile but with a bit of spice added. I must also say this is a very pretty tea,I used 25 pieces. Considering I’m not a fan of chamomile tea,this tea was quite nice.The aroma my be a bit strong for some when drinking.

quite good with a hint of peppermint (what i think it also has the taste of)

if you like flower herb tea try this one and see if you like it.