Nonpareil Te Gong Huang Shan Mao Feng Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “Sipdown, 117. I saved this one for last of my Teavivre greens because it is my favorite. Even though I used the entire sample packet for this one, it was still very light. It's like the...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1850 tasting notes
  • “I am generally a pretty easy going guy. Today trying to get everything organized to make a cup of tea proved to be almost too big of a task. I didn't completely loose my cool to the point of...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1158 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I have no idea what the count on my tea collection is right now, & I'm not going to do the math today. Sil sent me 38, I got 4 from Verdant, & their bundle box is also en route, so who...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2483 tasting notes
  • “Smells very fresh, nutty, a little sweet and somewhat floral. When steeped the leaves become so green! This is the best green tea I have had the pleasure of sampling thus far. It was lighter...” Read full tasting note
    Starfish 86 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Shexian(歙县) County, Huanshan City, Anhui Province

Ingredients: Tea buds with pure leaves

Harvest time: March 28, 2014

Taste: High mountain tea has distinct fruity flavor with chestnut fragrance, tastes soft and smooth

Health Benefits: As the major component part, catechinic acid occupies 70% in tea polyphenol. It also takes an important role in effecting the tea’s quality. Catechinic acid provides benefits for immunity system in our bodies, as well as radiation resistance.

About Teavivre View company

Tea provided by Teavivre for review

I’ve been having a lot of good result’s with Teavivre’s steep guidelines. So I prepared this in my gaiwan at first, and tea mug later on.

My first through third steeps were very light and subtle. It had a refreshing, sweet, vegetal and slightly fruity aroma. (Unfortunately it was a type of vegetal flavour I don’t enjoy.)

And just to experiment, I also used my second sample to try it out western style. But really, I didn’t notice too much of a difference.

Overall, I couldn’t get into this tea. I tried, but there’s something about the vegetal aroma that displeases my palate. But aside from that, the other subtle flavours were pretty good. So I’m not a fan, but if you enjoy this sort of green tea it might be worth a try.

100ml gaiwan, 4g sample, 3 steeps (rinse,30s,1m,1m30s)

175 °F / 79 °C

Thank you Angel for the sample!
So when I opened this and was inspecting the cute little leaves, my husband asked to smell them and remarked that the smell reminded him of licorice. I hadn’t picked up on it at first, but I think I might smell it just a tiny bit as well. Mostly this smells nutty and toasted to me.
The liquor looks extremely light to me. Almost like white wine. It kind of smells like dragonwell to me (forgive my limited green tea knowledge!). I also almost messed up the temp. on this one (165 instead of 185).
I am reeling. This is so amazing. No, really. I mentioned in one of my recent posts that my taste/smell has been off and I’m trying to recover, so these aren’t my most perfect posts, but this is dang good. I’m having trouble describing it, but it is light, roasty, and nutty. I think I’m in love with the nut notes that are coming through on the back end of the sip. Very excellent tea that I will continue to steep and enjoy the rest of tonight.

Woo! One of the stragglers from my birthday order since the others ship so quickly. I’m gonna try to cut down my reviews a bit from now on too.

I really enjoy this tea so I’m glad I purchased a good amount of it. It’s usually difficult for me to find green teas that are really strong, but the only reason I don’t like more delicate ones is because they don’t taste like this! Usually for me, lighter green teas just taste bland and grassy, and literally my least favorite flavor I can find in a straght tea is anything reminiscent of my lawn.

This however is really delicious because though it’s very delicate and not strong at all, it’s SUPER nutty and sweet and has no grassy flavor that I can taste. Definitely getting vegetables, but more like vegetables pan fried with butter than steamed or raw. It just has a very smooth and warm flavor and I absolutely adore nutty green teas so I’m in love. Really delicious and bound to become a staple!

I can really get into a Huangshan Maofeng. The last one sent from Teavivre was quite nice, and this one is even better. It’s very light and crisp, with a simple vegetal and nutty sweetness, a sparkling texture, and fresh aroma. The leaves are consistent and great quality, with fur, not too many blisters from pan-frying, and mainly bud material. They’re quite pretty. While the tea could probably use some depth that the later harvests’ leaves provide, it isn’t lacking much of anything else. It has been a great tea to have this summer for outside sessions, where it really cools me down. It’s simple and it’s good.

175 °F / 79 °C

Water: 8oz at 175 degrees

Leaves: bright green tea leaves

Steep: 1m,2m,3m

Aroma: grassy

Color: almost clear

Taste: I don’t know if it’s just me but so far w/ the green teas they’ve almost all smelled the same regardless of their type. This tea was okay I didn’t get much flavor at all i used started w/2tsp then 3tsp of tea but nothing really changed.

Yet another sample from Teavivre. I still have a lot more of these to go. This tea (which name is too long that I’m sure to forget by next morning) definitely has a flavour profile to my liking. Chestnut notes are very obvious as mentioned in the description. It tastes surprisingly close to the “Premium Dragon Well Long Jing Green Tea” from Teavivre, but overall it has a slightly lighter feel. Yum.

Backlog:

One of the very best – if not THE best – Mao Feng green teas that I’ve yet to try. An outstanding Mao Feng!

Soft, earthy, sweet, creamy … with a creaminess that is somewhere between a milky/buttery creaminess and vanilla. So nice and luxurious tasting.

By mid-cup, I noticed some apple-y flavors with a tangy note. A very well-rounded cuppa.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/08/10/nonpareil-te-gong-huang-shan-mao-feng-green-tea-from-teavivre/

The color of this tea is quite clear with a hint of green. The flavor of the tea is buttery with slight fruitiness and a subtle nutty flavor on the end. All in all, a light crisp flavorful green tea.