Premium Tai Ping Hou Kui Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Beans, Peas, Potato
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “Water: 8oz at 180 degrees Leaves: very large flat leaves Steep: 1m,2m Aroma: light Color: Light Green Taste: I was interested in trying this tea because I haven't seen anything like it...” Read full tasting note
    Alreot 41 tasting notes
  • “I respect all the work that goes into preparing this beautiful tea! I love the luxuriously long leaves with their deep green color!!!!!!!!! There is a light pea flavor and maybe potato and slight...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 151 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from yesterday: These tea leaves are the strangest leaves I've ever seen. They look more like those seaweed snacks that are becoming super popular these days. I put them all in my test...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 357 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: TaiPing HouKeng(太平猴坑) in Anhui province, China

Ingredients: Long, flat leaves of one bud and two leaves

Harvest time: April 17, 2013

Taste: sweet and smooth with strong aroma, has long-lasting sweet aftertaste

Health Benefits: Just like all green teas, our TaiPing HouKui has high levels of antioxidants that reputedly help reduce the incidence of cancer, promote good skin tone and help reduce the affects of aging. Also containing vitamin C, fluoride and calcium, TeaVivre’s TaiPing HouKui also promotes healthy teeth and bones.

About Teavivre View company

Water: 8oz at 180 degrees

Leaves: very large flat leaves

Steep: 1m,2m

Aroma: light

Color: Light Green

Taste: I was interested in trying this tea because I haven’t seen anything like it before. First steep was for 1 minute, the first sip was bitter then it mellowed out to a lighter non bitter note. On the other hand the second steep was the complete opposite 2m I didn’t like it at all. This time around it was very bitter, I couldn’t finish my cup. I’m not sure if I used too many leaves or if my water was a bit hotter than expected but overall I didn’t enjoy this tea.

*Update!
I recently brewed this tea again this time following a different technique, it came out much better than the first time. Light smooth with no bitterness.

TeaVivre

I’m sorry this tea you brewed taste was bitter. How many leaves you have used? I think it might be associated with the tea leaves and temperature.

There is a light pea flavor and maybe potato and slight green bean flavor. It has a tiny hint of clover flower in the spring but an ever so tiny amount.
Thank you Teavivre for this gorgeous sample and will definitely be getting some of this tea in the future!!

Flavors: Green Beans, Peas, Potato

175 °F / 79 °C 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Backlog from yesterday:

These tea leaves are the strangest leaves I’ve ever seen. They look more like those seaweed snacks that are becoming super popular these days. I put them all in my test tube steeper vertically and they went almost all the way to the top. The tea itself was pretty good. I got a few good steeps out of it, but it wasn’t anything too crazy.