Rose Dian Hong Black Tea

Black Tea, Rose Buds And Petals
Chocolate, Cocoa, Malt, Rose, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Floral, Flowers, Black Pepper, Pepper, Spices, Spicy
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From Teavivre

Origin: Tea from Fengqing (凤庆), Yunnan. Roses come from France

Ingredients: Rose and Dian Hong Black Tea

Harvest time: 23 April, 2013

Taste: It has strong rose fragrance, companioned by the sweet flavor of Dian Hong.

Health Benefits: Black teas contain antioxidants, which help in the prevention of some cancers and help reduce the affects of aging that is caused by free radicals. They can also reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks due to natural chemicals that reduce cholesterol.

About Teavivre View company

The rose taste is present but not strong nor does it taste like you are drinking a bottle of perfume. The tea is not bad, just not for me. I have determined I just don’t like the flower taste in a black tea.

This was the perfect choice yesterday, on a rainy day! I was hoping I could figure out if this rose blend has the base of another of Teavivre’s Yun Nan Dian Hongs but it is so hard to tell! The dry leaves don’t seem like any of the other Yun Nan Dian Hongs and the flavor doesn’t seem like the others that I’ve tried but the flavor is GOOD. First of all, I didn’t see much rose in my sample and it doesn’t seem infused with any rose otherwise. So the rose isn’t there at all. But I am perfectly happy with this as a Yun Nan Dian Hong. It is NOT really chocolate to me at all. The flavor seems like three different teas: the lightness and sweetness of a Yunnan, the lovely flavor qualities of a great Keemun, and the slight smokiness and other characteristics of a Zheng Shan Ziao Zhong (and the leaves look like the one Teavivre offers too.) Otherwise the flavor is malty sweet potatoes. It’s an awesome black tea combo that hits many black tea cravings. I think I steeped the first cup perfectly. I want to drink 10 mugs full of this today.
Steep #1 // half a 7 gram sample (about 2 tsps. for a mug) // 14 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // few minutes after boiling // 3-4 minutes steep
Harvest: 2015

I made this cup and then didn’t get to drink it because the baby had a meltdown. Now that she’s in bed for the night, I can reheat it and enjoy it. The dry leaf aroma is roses. The brewed tea aroma is the familiar chocolate malt of Chinese black teas. The taste? A perfect combination of the two aromas: roses and chocolate malt. Yum! Now this is my kind of Chinese black tea!

I really like the rose flavoring here. It’s mostly in the front of the aftertaste, which transforms and leaves a lingering cocoa taste. The rose is also very natural and not too potent. Mmm, I really like this tea. As it cools, it gets a little bitter. I definitely should have done a shorter steep. It reheats well though. I think I microwaved this cup two or three times because I kept getting distracted with things and couldn’t finish it all in one sitting. Thanks to Teavivre for the free sample! I will definitely enjoy the rest of this.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Malt, Rose

My room mate ordered this tea to try a flowered tea for the first time, and damn were we impressed. Full body of a black tea, with the sweet touch of rose. Definitely a good sweet tea to have around the house for when your sweet tooth is calling your name!

Cooking TTB #10

This actually quite tasty! Its a malty tea with a hint of rose which actually works really really well!! This tea is Goldilocks worthy – not too much, not too little.. the rose is just right!!

Cooking TTB #1

Oh boy. This past week was one of the most stressful weeks I’ve endured in quite a while. We are opening a kindergarten program at the school I teach at and my boss wanted the kindergarten rooms to be painted. Five employees volunteered to help out. He told us it had to be finished in a week so he could show the moms during our Christmas party this past Friday. We thought, “No big deal. It’s only two rooms.” …..yeah….well, what he neglected to tell us was that the walls weren’t simply being painted a solid color….they were instead going to be painted with murals of storybooks characters and woodland creatures. Also, we are not artistic by any means and were relying on one particular employee to plan and draw the entire thing on the walls so that all we had to do was fill in spaces with whatever color she handed us. Needless to say, we did not finish because IT WAS AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK. On the last night, we were there painting until 2 am. I literally made no tea during the whole painting experience (though I had some Starbucks and Coffee Bean stuff that others brought). Anyway….it was terrible but the room looks freaking awesome.

This was the first thing I pulled out of the TTB after looking at it for 3 days but not having a single moment to actually make tea. I have really liked all the rose teas I’ve had before, but this one didn’t exactly taste like I had expected it would. I liked it quite a bit more cold, surprisingly. I don’t know that I’d buy this as my go-to rose tea, but I’d never say no to a cup.

Veronica

I’m slowly repainting my house, and its been a bigger chore than I anticipated. I can’t even imagine painting (much less drawing) a room with murals. Kudos to you and the other teachers who pitched in to help!

Fjellrev

Aww that’s horrible, but I’m so happy to hear it turned out well. I’m sure it would have been even more awesome had you all been given a more reasonable amount of time to do it.

TTB #11

Wow, so much rose! From the other reviews, I was expecting the floral flavor to be a bit more subtle, but I found it very strong. It’s a nice, natural rose scent and taste, but just too overwhelming for me. I could see someone who’s really into floral teas LOVING this, however!

From the Cooking TTB.

The dry leaf is long and twisty, and covered with lovely golden dust. A generous amount of whole rose buds are mixed in. The rose scent is powerful and masks any other fragrances.

This is a nicely balanced rose tea. The rose is strong for sure, but I can still taste the sweet, malty notes of the tea itself. I think I would like a bit less rose to tea, but that’s personal taste more than anything lacking in the tea.

If you’re a rose fan, I think this is a really excellent choice.

Flavors: Malt, Rose, Sweet

I’ve been very tired lately. This new late-night work schedule is starting to wear on me… but it’s really nice to be able to be home more with my hubby and baby. AND why is that important to this review? because it is helping keep me in good spirits and to get through some work stuff.

The smell of roses immediately hits you when you open the package. And holy Moses it’s full of rose buds! So cute! And tasty. It’s a light flavor of roses. Or maybe I just didn’t put enough in? Regardless I’m enjoying this cup.

3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp
ashmanra

Now I am so tempted to order this…

This was a good tea, somewhat savory somewhat sweet. I didn’t notice the nuances specifically I was too busy concentrating on other things but it was good, worth buying once. I don’t think I would buy it again.