Rose Dian Hong Black Tea

Black Tea, Rose Buds And Petals
Rose, Malt, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Floral, Flowers, Black Pepper, Pepper, Spices, Spicy
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “I went to fix myself this tea this morning and realized I had TWO cups' worth left, not just one like I thought. This morning I put the tea through my accidental "steep it way longer than 5...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 320 tasting notes
  • “This was my 2nd 'long hot bath' tea, because face it, one cup of tea is not enough! Lovely rose black, gentle & soothing. Just the right amount of rose, & yes, there was a sweet full rosebud...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3091 tasting notes
  • “I can't believe that I'm still the only person who has reviewed this tea. I guess it's still pretty new! I had a cup of this earlier, this time my water was for sure fine. The tea did turn out a...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2042 tasting notes
  • “Waking up so early is starting to take its toll on me. I drank green tea all morning because I was awake. Chugged a Mtn Dew with lunch but it has since faded. I need go-go juice. Reached in the...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1453 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Tea from Fengqing (凤庆), Yunnan. Roses come from France

Ingredients: Rose and Dian Hong Black Tea

Harvest time: 23 April, 2013

Taste: It has strong rose fragrance, companioned by the sweet flavor of Dian Hong.

Health Benefits: Black teas contain antioxidants, which help in the prevention of some cancers and help reduce the affects of aging that is caused by free radicals. They can also reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks due to natural chemicals that reduce cholesterol.

About Teavivre View company

The rose taste is present but not strong nor does it taste like you are drinking a bottle of perfume. The tea is not bad, just not for me. I have determined I just don’t like the flower taste in a black tea.

My room mate ordered this tea to try a flowered tea for the first time, and damn were we impressed. Full body of a black tea, with the sweet touch of rose. Definitely a good sweet tea to have around the house for when your sweet tooth is calling your name!

Cooking TTB #10

This actually quite tasty! Its a malty tea with a hint of rose which actually works really really well!! This tea is Goldilocks worthy – not too much, not too little.. the rose is just right!!

Cooking TTB #1

Oh boy. This past week was one of the most stressful weeks I’ve endured in quite a while. We are opening a kindergarten program at the school I teach at and my boss wanted the kindergarten rooms to be painted. Five employees volunteered to help out. He told us it had to be finished in a week so he could show the moms during our Christmas party this past Friday. We thought, “No big deal. It’s only two rooms.” …..yeah….well, what he neglected to tell us was that the walls weren’t simply being painted a solid color….they were instead going to be painted with murals of storybooks characters and woodland creatures. Also, we are not artistic by any means and were relying on one particular employee to plan and draw the entire thing on the walls so that all we had to do was fill in spaces with whatever color she handed us. Needless to say, we did not finish because IT WAS AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK. On the last night, we were there painting until 2 am. I literally made no tea during the whole painting experience (though I had some Starbucks and Coffee Bean stuff that others brought). Anyway….it was terrible but the room looks freaking awesome.

This was the first thing I pulled out of the TTB after looking at it for 3 days but not having a single moment to actually make tea. I have really liked all the rose teas I’ve had before, but this one didn’t exactly taste like I had expected it would. I liked it quite a bit more cold, surprisingly. I don’t know that I’d buy this as my go-to rose tea, but I’d never say no to a cup.

Veronica

I’m slowly repainting my house, and its been a bigger chore than I anticipated. I can’t even imagine painting (much less drawing) a room with murals. Kudos to you and the other teachers who pitched in to help!

Fjellrev

Aww that’s horrible, but I’m so happy to hear it turned out well. I’m sure it would have been even more awesome had you all been given a more reasonable amount of time to do it.

TTB #11

Wow, so much rose! From the other reviews, I was expecting the floral flavor to be a bit more subtle, but I found it very strong. It’s a nice, natural rose scent and taste, but just too overwhelming for me. I could see someone who’s really into floral teas LOVING this, however!

From the Cooking TTB.

The dry leaf is long and twisty, and covered with lovely golden dust. A generous amount of whole rose buds are mixed in. The rose scent is powerful and masks any other fragrances.

This is a nicely balanced rose tea. The rose is strong for sure, but I can still taste the sweet, malty notes of the tea itself. I think I would like a bit less rose to tea, but that’s personal taste more than anything lacking in the tea.

If you’re a rose fan, I think this is a really excellent choice.

Flavors: Malt, Rose, Sweet

I’ve been very tired lately. This new late-night work schedule is starting to wear on me… but it’s really nice to be able to be home more with my hubby and baby. AND why is that important to this review? because it is helping keep me in good spirits and to get through some work stuff.

The smell of roses immediately hits you when you open the package. And holy Moses it’s full of rose buds! So cute! And tasty. It’s a light flavor of roses. Or maybe I just didn’t put enough in? Regardless I’m enjoying this cup.

3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp
ashmanra

Now I am so tempted to order this…

This was a good tea, somewhat savory somewhat sweet. I didn’t notice the nuances specifically I was too busy concentrating on other things but it was good, worth buying once. I don’t think I would buy it again.

I love rose! We need more rose flavor everywhere!
This tea is lovely. The rose provides a syrupy sweetness that reminds me of baklava. The Dian hong is a deliciously grounding sweet potato. I bet a sweet potato pie with rose water and a dash of cardamom would be divine.
I love this tea. It’s so crisp and soothing.
Thank you, Teavivre, for the sample.

TeaBrat

yum on the pie idea. :))

Dinosara

Yummmm! I also agree, more rose flavor everywhere! :D

I don’t like flavored teas. I usually end up burping the added flavor for hours after I’m done with the tea, which is about as pleasant as the picture I just forced into your head by typing that first sentence. (ew) So I have put off trying this tea. This is my last Teavivre tea left to try. I couldn’t put it off any longer, so here I sit, staring into the cup.

Dry there wasn’t a blast of rose, only a rose scent (which for me translates to a floral mustiness) that actually blends well with the scent of the dian hong leaves. I DID get a full wee rosebud (about the size of a mini marshmallow) in the sample pack. It was kind of…well… lovely! Hmmmm… maybe this wasn’t going to be as bad as I expected! And guess what?

I almost love this tea! I’ve finished half the cup and I’ve not burped once. I adore TeaVivre’s Dian Hong, and this cup is no exception… the tea is lovely, smooth, no astringency, nice healthy mouthfeel…. and that is usually enough for me. But today it feels like I got the piece of birthday cake with a letter from someones name on it….you know…that sugary hard letter that sometimes had part of the cardboard still stuck to it? Yeah, that! That is what I’d compare this tea to. Getting the cake is great, but when you get something unexpectedly extra, like a letter or a flower on the piece of cake, you feel special. TeaVivre’s dian hong is lovely by itself, but adding the rose (though not something I would want to do every day) made it feel special. I don’t think I’d drink it every day, but I most certainly won’t be giving away the other sample packets I receive, because, hey, sometimes you need to be the one that gets the sugary letter on the birthday cake. And it always makes you smile when it’s you.

Flavors: Malt, Rose, Sweet Potatoes

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 7 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
Terri HarpLady

This really is a lovely tea, & all the more so because it’s just tea & roses.