Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Asparagus, Bitter, Butter, Chestnut, Nutty, Roasted, Salt, Soybean, Vegetal, Green Beans, Spinach, Toasted Rice, Peach, Tangy, Sweet, Vegetables, Seaweed, Roasted nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “All I can say is, wooooooooooooooow! I really enjoyed this tonight. We went to the Asian buffet and got take out. I had made two steeps of this before we left the house and poured it in my...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2199 tasting notes
  • “I agree with the other reviews – this is good. What I really want to mention is this is the best example of why I love to use a clear glass vessel when I steep. The leaf is so interesting. It...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1694 tasting notes
  • “Small, twisty dark green leaves with a nutty brewed aroma and pale green colour. Tastes sweet, and somewhat like spinach, green beans and nuts. Fresh and lively, sweet and nutty – very tasty...” Read full tasting note
    caile 292 tasting notes
  • “It’s been a cold few days. Pups are very clingy heat leeches lately. :) THere’s nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day. It just warms you from the belly out. This is a...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 525 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lushan Mountain (庐山) in Jiangxi Porvince, China

Ingredients: Pure tea leaves

Harvest time: April 10, 2014

Taste: brisk and refreshing, heavy sweet flavor with light roasted chestnut fragrance. Has sweet aftertaste and long-lasting brisk fragrance in your mouth

Health Benefits: Just like all green teas, our Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea has high levels of antioxidants that reputedly help reduce the incidence of cancer, promote good skin tone and help reduce the affects of aging. Also containing vitamin C, fluoride and calcium, TeaVivre’s TaiPing HouKui also promotes healthy teeth and bones.

About Teavivre View company

Do not underestimate Teavivre’s green tea options. I am frequently impressed by the quality and variety they offer, as well as the value. This specimen instantly became a new favorite of mine. I generally drink my Chinese green teas with off-boiling water, in a glass tumbler, continually refilling with water once the volume gets down to around the leaf level. This tea performs beautifully with that method, giving me hours of constant sipping without growing weak or bitter.

The leaves are wonderfully made and extremely consistent, exuding a soft, “green” and nutty scent. The flavor profile is just what I could want in a green tea. The major notes remind me of something like sweet peas and rye toast, later developing into somewhat creamy vanilla textures and a somewhat surprising depth. I heartily enjoy the lingering sencha-esque crispness, yet with that distinct Chinese green tea flavor brought on by the pan firing process. Far from being subtle, this is an excellent green for more casual drinking, compared to the subtleness of a Huang Shan Mao Feng.

Thanks Teavivre!

190 °F / 87 °C

Pale green, sweet roasted aroma. after few sips its kind of drying but very good sweet taste.it looks & smells similar to Verdant Laoshan Green.

wasn’t really a fan of this tea, because of the vegetal and bitter notes.

Another thanks goes to Angel of TeaVivre for this sample!

I’m starting to enjoy green teas more in the morning than I once did. There are some mornings (although few) when I don’t need to blast off into my day fueled by the robust butt-kicking black teas.

I opened the sample package of Lu Shan Yun Wu green tea and instantly noticed a fresh to-the-ground flavor. I steeped the short dark leaves for two minutes at 175 degrees instead of the recommended 176 degrees (my tea maker can only deal with increments of five degrees).

The brewed color was a pale golden green. The aroma was fresh and grassy.

My taste buds are currently somewhat challenged by the attack of Fall allergies. That may be why it took several gulps of this tea before the flavor began to get my attention. The taste was fresh and green with just a twinge of sweet. There was also a smidgen of sweetness in the mild aftertaste. As with all of TeaVivre’s teas that I have sampled or purchased, this tea was totally free of bitterness.

This is a fine fresh-tasting and slightly sweet green offering from TeaVivre. The flavor is light and tender. It is also so smooth and easy to sip that I found myself gulping it down quickly. That is a positive attribute because I have tried other teas (that will remain nameless) where my eight-ounce cup seemed to hold eight gallons and I struggled to coax them down my throat.

Water: 8oz at 180 degrees

Leaves: very fine tightly would leaves

Steep: 1m,2m,3m,4m

Aroma: Vegetable like/Sencha

Color: Light Greenish yellow

Taste: The first thing I noticed about this tea is that it looked & smelled similar to Verdant Tea’s Laoshan Green!! As I got ready to brew I used 1 tsp of tea leaves then added my hot water & steeped for 1m. Removing the lid off my pot really brought out the lovely aroma! The taste was very light and refreshing! Even with multiple infusions I never had any bitterness!

Buttery. This is my current favorite green tea.

Flavors: Butter

8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

This tea has a nice body to it with a taste that is a little sweet and salty. The flavor is vegetal and has a little soup brothiness to it. All in all, it is an excellent green tea.

175 °F / 79 °C

So, I’ve already had too much caffeine today, but the SO decided she wanted to try a green tea today and this is the one she chose. We couldn’t agree on this one from the get-go. She kept smelling things like rotisserie chicken and other dinner smells, I was getting roasted chestnuts more than anything else, which gave me high hopes for the flavor itself.

I followed Teavivre’s preparation recommendations for this one. She says it tastes like dinner. To me, it tastes like slightly bitter roastiness. Not getting the chestnut or nutty flavors the aroma had me expecting. Neither of us wants another cup at the moment, so I wait an hour to resteep.

The second steep is better, which leads me to believe I didn’t wash this quite long enough the first time around. Smooth in texture, lightly nutty in flavor and lightly vegetal. I guess I’m not used to the concept of the second steep being best applying to green tea. I now take the time to admire the very light golden liquor in my clear cha hai.

The third steep is also light and pleasant, and the leaves seem to have expanded nicely. I’m getting some buttery notes in this steep. Fourth steep is super light and what flavor is there is mostly buttery.

This tea taught me that it needs to be washed in order for me to enjoy it, and for longer than the recommended five seconds. It was a good learning experience, and I’ll finish up the rest of the sample, but I don’t think it’s quite up my alley enough to ever put in a full order of it.

Steep times:
20/30/45/60

Flavors: Asparagus, Bitter, Butter, Chestnut, Nutty, Roasted

185 °F / 85 °C 0 min, 15 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 85 ML

A huge thank you to Teavivre for the opportunity to win this tea along with 4 other spring greens in a giveaway!! I have received the teas after a long journey and am excited to get back into tea with some new ones in my cupboard. It’s been a while in a tea rut for me so maybe I’ll spring out of it now!

The dry leaves smell so yummy and vegetal, reminiscent of Laoshan green from Verdant to me, I wonder if it’s coincidence that Laoshan and Lu Shan sound similar haha :) the leaves are fine and slightly curled in appearance. Smellso so fresh! I steeped these Western style for 3 min with 175 degree water.

The steeped liquor smells richly nutty and vegetal, with a slight salted note. I want to say cashews, even though I have never eaten themy cuz of my peanut allergy lol.

As for the flavor, wow this is so rich and good! Very nutty, I’m not sure what kind of nuts but that is the main flavor, with a beany soy and vegetal greens note. The aftertaste is salty nuts and lingers for quite some time.

Overall, this is a very satisfying and rich tasting green tea. Not overly light in flavor, it has lots of body. Hopefully the caffeine doesn’t snack me too hard haha. Once again, thank you Teavivre and especially Angel for ensuring this tea arrived after a long journey :)

Flavors: Nutty, Salt, Soybean, Vegetal

TeaVivre

You’re welcome^^

This is an assertive green tea with a strong vegetal flavor and aroma. Notes I could detect included green bean, cooked spinach, toasted rice, and stewed vegetables. A chestnut or peanut like flavor is present too – especially if more leaf is used – along with a tiny bitterness at the end. This isn’t my favorite, but may be interesting to those who want a green tea that’s robust and less subtle.

Flavors: Green Beans, Spinach, Toasted Rice