Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Chestnut, Nutty, Roasted nuts, Sweet, Butter, Vegetal
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “All I can say is, wooooooooooooooow! I really enjoyed this tonight. We went to the Asian buffet and got take out. I had made two steeps of this before we left the house and poured it in my...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1926 tasting notes
  • “I agree with the other reviews – this is good. What I really want to mention is this is the best example of why I love to use a clear glass vessel when I steep. The leaf is so...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1480 tasting notes
  • “Small, twisty dark green leaves with a nutty brewed aroma and pale green colour. Tastes sweet, and somewhat like spinach, green beans and nuts. Fresh and lively, sweet and nutty – very...” Read full tasting note
    caile 214 tasting notes
  • “It’s been a cold few days. Pups are very clingy heat leeches lately. :) THere’s nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day. It just warms you from the belly out. ...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 521 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lushan Mountain (庐山) in Jiangxi Porvince, China

Ingredients: Pure tea leaves

Harvest time: April 10, 2014

Taste: brisk and refreshing, heavy sweet flavor with light roasted chestnut fragrance. Has sweet aftertaste and long-lasting brisk fragrance in your mouth

Health Benefits: Just like all green teas, our Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea has high levels of antioxidants that reputedly help reduce the incidence of cancer, promote good skin tone and help reduce the affects of aging. Also containing vitamin C, fluoride and calcium, TeaVivre’s TaiPing HouKui also promotes healthy teeth and bones.

About Teavivre View company

Do not underestimate Teavivre’s green tea options. I am frequently impressed by the quality and variety they offer, as well as the value. This specimen instantly became a new favorite of mine. I generally drink my Chinese green teas with off-boiling water, in a glass tumbler, continually refilling with water once the volume gets down to around the leaf level. This tea performs beautifully with that method, giving me hours of constant sipping without growing weak or bitter.

The leaves are wonderfully made and extremely consistent, exuding a soft, “green” and nutty scent. The flavor profile is just what I could want in a green tea. The major notes remind me of something like sweet peas and rye toast, later developing into somewhat creamy vanilla textures and a somewhat surprising depth. I heartily enjoy the lingering sencha-esque crispness, yet with that distinct Chinese green tea flavor brought on by the pan firing process. Far from being subtle, this is an excellent green for more casual drinking, compared to the subtleness of a Huang Shan Mao Feng.

Thanks Teavivre!

190 °F / 87 °C

Pale green, sweet roasted aroma. after few sips its kind of drying but very good sweet taste.it looks & smells similar to Verdant Laoshan Green.

wasn’t really a fan of this tea, because of the vegetal and bitter notes.

Another thanks goes to Angel of TeaVivre for this sample!

I’m starting to enjoy green teas more in the morning than I once did. There are some mornings (although few) when I don’t need to blast off into my day fueled by the robust butt-kicking black teas.

I opened the sample package of Lu Shan Yun Wu green tea and instantly noticed a fresh to-the-ground flavor. I steeped the short dark leaves for two minutes at 175 degrees instead of the recommended 176 degrees (my tea maker can only deal with increments of five degrees).

The brewed color was a pale golden green. The aroma was fresh and grassy.

My taste buds are currently somewhat challenged by the attack of Fall allergies. That may be why it took several gulps of this tea before the flavor began to get my attention. The taste was fresh and green with just a twinge of sweet. There was also a smidgen of sweetness in the mild aftertaste. As with all of TeaVivre’s teas that I have sampled or purchased, this tea was totally free of bitterness.

This is a fine fresh-tasting and slightly sweet green offering from TeaVivre. The flavor is light and tender. It is also so smooth and easy to sip that I found myself gulping it down quickly. That is a positive attribute because I have tried other teas (that will remain nameless) where my eight-ounce cup seemed to hold eight gallons and I struggled to coax them down my throat.

Water: 8oz at 180 degrees

Leaves: very fine tightly would leaves

Steep: 1m,2m,3m,4m

Aroma: Vegetable like/Sencha

Color: Light Greenish yellow

Taste: The first thing I noticed about this tea is that it looked & smelled similar to Verdant Tea’s Laoshan Green!! As I got ready to brew I used 1 tsp of tea leaves then added my hot water & steeped for 1m. Removing the lid off my pot really brought out the lovely aroma! The taste was very light and refreshing! Even with multiple infusions I never had any bitterness!

Buttery. This is my current favorite green tea.

Flavors: Butter

8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

This tea has a nice body to it with a taste that is a little sweet and salty. The flavor is vegetal and has a little soup brothiness to it. All in all, it is an excellent green tea.

175 °F / 79 °C

I really like the roasted chestnut flavor of this tea. There is also a sweet note at the end of the sip while the tea is fairly warm, but as the tea cooled the sweet flavor disappeared, and a bitter note took its place. I’m not sure if the water I used was too warm, or if my two and a half minute steep was too long. I have some of my sample left, so I’ll give this another try with slightly cooler water. If I could keep the chestnut flavor and sweetness throughout the cup this would be an easy favorite green of mine.

I’m withholding my rating until I give this another try.

Cute little curly leaves. They’ve dark green color, bit of greyness. Really strong, sweet and fresh aroma, also there is strong roasted nutty aroma. I enjoy this oily fresh aroma always. Only sad thing is this seems to give only three steepings according to the Brewing guide, which is quite few compared to others.
Wet leaves have also really strong aroma. It’s sweet, nutty and fresh. They seem to be small leaf particles and buds . Tea has golden yellow color and smells really good. It has that lovely oily fresh green tea flavour. Roasted chesnut, nuttiness (althought I don’t know how chesnut tastes). It also has some vegetal notes with sweetness. Getting only couple steepings is a minus, but this is really good tea overall.

Flavors: Chestnut, Nutty, Roasted nuts, Sweet

185 °F / 85 °C 0 min, 15 sec 3 OZ / 100 ML

Backlog:

I love the chestnut flavor (and aroma) of this tea. Sweet and delicious. It has a pleasant toasty flavor to it, reminiscent of the flavor of a freshly roasted chestnut. A delightful creaminess in both taste and texture.

This is less vegetal and more nutty. Usually, I expect a vegetal tone to a green tea, but I like that there’s more nutty flavors than vegetative. If you’re one who tends to shy away from a green tea because of the strong vegetal overtones, this would be an excellent tea to try.

Lovely taste, restorative, a beautiful tea! Read more here: