Superfine Taiwan Qing Xiang Dong Ding Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Beany, Butter, Floral, Salty, Spinach, Sweet, Fruity, Grass, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “Hmmm, I could have sworn I wrote a tasting note about my first session with this tea. But it's not on the page. My earlier sessions of it were light and floral, without much roasting. This one was...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1995 tasting notes
  • “I drank 36oz of this yesterday - and will probably continue on with it later today. I was a bit surprised when I opened the packet. I've had a dong ding before and had my mind set on what I was...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1367 tasting notes
  • “It's the perfect day to relax with some green oolong. I love this lightly floral and summer flower flavor. It tastes like youthful innocence. Definitely is one of the loveliest green oolongs...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 518 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Sweet and lush with a very satisfying, soft and silky mouthfeel. Exotic floral notes and hints of fruit. I can taste notes of peach as well as a creamy note. A slight grassy tone in...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4461 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lugu Village, Nantou, Taiwan

Ingredients: one bud with two or three leaves

Harvest time: May 10, 2014

Taste: high aroma, sweet and mellow taste with obvious osmanthus fragrance; has strong sweet aftertaste.

The tea is planted in the area at the altitude of 1000 meters. So this is also a High Mountain tea, which is known as its obvious floral fragrance. This Dong Ding Qing Xiang Oolong Tea is made of the tea leaves from Qing Xin Oolong tea tree. This tea has thick and soft leaf, refreshing tea liquid, with strong osmanthus scent. Meanwhile it has strong sweet aftertaste, which makes High Mountain tea more excellent than low altitude tea.

About Teavivre View company

This was another green oolong that TheTeaFairy so generously sent me.
Are my tastes changing? Can she choose green oolong more to my tastes than I can? Dunno but this is the second one in two days that I’ve liked. Again, a hint of floral but not in your face. Nice, light green oolong. I still don’t think that these are my favorite type of tea, but they may be growing on me, especially with the weather starting to warm a little.
I need to keep looking at these as the opportunity arises……

TheTeaFairy

So glad you liked it. I think you are right, this one isn’t overly floral at all, that would explain why you’re not turned off by it.

Dexter

LOL two in two days – I’m surprised too at how much I’m liking them. These weren’t too floral and they weren’t “grassy” so it was all good for me. :)

This is a free sample that was sent by Teavivre for review. Thank you!

I was a bad girl. I took this packet out with the intention of having it later with a student. The more I looked at it, the more I wanted it NOW! I told myself I would just make one steep and save the rest. You see where this going, right?

So…for the first steep I ignored the package directions. I gave the leaves a ten second rinse, then steeped for about two minutes with cooler water than they recommend, around 204F. I was having this with some cantaloupe after a light lunch of ciabatta bread, toasted, and smeared with goat cheese, then topped with seasoned, diced tomatoes and pesto. My first thought was how much I was tasting a melon flavor in the tea apart from the cantaloupe I was eating. I think it was more honeydew than cantaloupe, though.

I love Dong Ding teas and usually purchase moderately roasted ones, but this one was good enough to keep on the shelf.

I made two steeps at a low temperature and then for the third steep increased to boiling and two minutes. Now it has a little astringent kick at the end of the sip. There is a light nutty aroma as I lift the cup but mostly….flowers! I am really enjoying this. I thought it would probably go about three steeps, but I am thinking I will get a fourth and possibly fifth out of this. Poor student. Ah, well, perhaps I will offer him a different tea…

Not a huge fan. Compared to the Li Shan Oolong I’ve been drinking, this just doesn’t hold up in my opinion. I used a whole 7 gram sample in my 5oz Finum. Found it ultimately unremarkable. Pale color. Pale on flavor. Maybe I’m missing something here? I won’t be coming back to this one. Making this note so I’m more dialed into what I don’t like, rather than what I do.

Steep times started at about 1 min, thereafter increasing the time by roughly 1/2 − 1, 1 1/2, 2 1/4, 3 3/8, etc).

Light Oolong that is golden yellow in color and has a nice floral aroma. This tea has a pleasant floral taste with a little bit of honeydew flavor. I found this Oolong to be quite enjoyable.

205 °F / 96 °C