Organic Green Tea Powder

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “I continue to learn this morning. According to Teavivre, green tea powder is steamed not pan fried. I have no idea where the roasted nutty oolong notes are coming from. I prepared a mug with hot...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1251 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lin’an City in Hangzhou, Zhejiang.

Ingredients: made of the fresh organic tea leaves

Harvest time: May 20, 2013

Taste: complex layers of flavor, with an attractive taste that is brisk and slight bitter.

This Green Tea Powder comes from Hangzhou. It is made of the fresh organic tea leaves, milled into fine powder. The fresh tea leaves are in the shape of one bud with three to four leaves. Usually the water temperature for brewing this tea is at 60℃ to 80℃.

About Teavivre View company

I continue to learn this morning. According to Teavivre, green tea powder is steamed not pan fried. I have no idea where the roasted nutty oolong notes are coming from. I prepared a mug with hot water using the amount of powder I have been using with my morning milk – about 1 tsp. The tea does not resemble the cup picture on Teavivre’s site. Their’s is bright algae green. Kermit would feel at home. Mine is murky deep olive brown and looks a little (lot) scary. What creature lurks beneath these waters. My mind wanders to Poke Salad Annie. The gators got your granny. Chomp. Chomp. I digress… So too much powder on my part I presume. The taste without milk, or other additives, is strong and bitter. Even with sweetener this is bitter. Wow. Time to cut back on the amount. I also need to dial way back the water temp. Teavivre calls for 60-80 C on the description. I was way hotter than that (d’oh). I probably won’t have this again today but I will change what I am doing next time and give an update. One of the things Teavivre suggests mixing this with is chocolate, so you know we are going there at some point.

ashmanra

I do 1/2 tsp. at 165F usually. Maybe that will help?

SimpliciTEA

When I had this tea it had a chalky taste to it. Admittedly, it was my first experience with a powdered green tea. I hope to try it again sometime, hopefully with better results.

K S

The powder works great as a base for my morning tea milk. This was my first attempt at drinking it straight. More trials are required on my part before making a conclusion. I didn’t notice it being chalky but then I whisked it really well.

SimpliciTEA

Interesting. I will have to try it with milk sometime (and perhaps whisk it better)!