Organic Green Tea Powder

Green Tea
Freshly Cut Grass, Seaweed, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “Oh, that sinking feeling when the spoon hits the bottom of the tin and your replacement order is somewhere in a bin in Chicago. It kind of makes you want to be extra appreciative of today's tall...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1385 tasting notes
  • “I have waited this moment for long, my first powder/grinded tea. Tea powder is so fine that I had difficulties opening the package, I had to be really careful so I won’t cover everything around me...” Read full tasting note
    Riimu 17 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lin’an City in Hangzhou, Zhejiang.

Ingredients: made of the fresh organic tea leaves

Harvest time: May 13, 2014

Taste: complex layers of flavor, with an attractive taste that is brisk and slight bitter.

This Green Tea Powder comes from Hangzhou. It is made of the fresh organic tea leaves, milled into fine powder. The fresh tea leaves are in the shape of one bud with three to four leaves. Usually the water temperature for brewing this tea is at 60℃ to 80℃.

About Teavivre View company

Oh, that sinking feeling when the spoon hits the bottom of the tin and your replacement order is somewhere in a bin in Chicago. It kind of makes you want to be extra appreciative of today’s tall breakfast glass.

I literally start everyday with this stuff. I can’t handle a real breakfast in the early morning but I have to have at least milk with my arthritis medicine. Milk gets boring. Green tea powder and milk make a nice canvas to get creative on. I’m on my way to the world market to look for xanthan gum to up the experience another notch. I just realized I have cacao nibs that I could be using as well. Endless morning fun.

Cheri

That’s so frustrating. How long has it been in Chicago?

K S

Arrived in Chicago the 10th. Tracking still says Chicago. Come on people, man in desperate need of his morning smoothie here. Looks like chocolate milk with a Yunnan chaser tomorrow :)

mj

My teavivre order arrived in Chicago on the tenth too and it was still there as of yesterday. It’s not that far from Chicago to Minneapolis! I feel your pain.

K S

Maybe we will have a mailbox surprise on the same day – SOON!

I hope so!!

ashmanra

My tea arrived in Chicago on the tenth but is in Charlotte, NC today! Squeeeee! Might have it tomorrow or Saturday!

K S

I just checked. It is now in TALLAHASSEE, FL! They could have just opened the door and tossed it out as they flew over my house. I see a Starbucks run in my immediate future. lol

mj

Mine arrived in St Paul yesterday, Minneapolis this morning and should be delivered today!!!!!
But you’re in Indiana, right KS? If so, ohhhh nooooooo

K S

Yeah, ohhhhhh noooooo! I had to choke down a chocolate, peanut butter, banana smoothie this morning without tea. Its a tough life. :) This is the first time I have tracked a package from China. I know it always takes a little over two weeks. Now I know why. Wish I could travel as much as my tea.

I have waited this moment for long, my first powder/grinded tea.
Tea powder is so fine that I had difficulties opening the package, I had to be really careful so I won’t cover everything around me with tea, it’s pretty messy.
I dried tasting dry tea, it was bitter and tasted like cut grass. Really green and nice color.
I used about 1/4 teaspoon for my 2dl cup, I don’t know if it’s right amount but it’s fun to find out yourself what is best amount for your tastes. I used milk frother to blend my tea since I don’t have japanese chasen whisk, it did its job pretty well.
Taste reminds me a lot of Japanese green teas (bancha maybe). It still tastes like cut grass but there is no bitterness there is also some kind of ‘sealike’ flavour, maybe seaweed, there is quite many layers of different flavours. I also tried it with honey but I rather drink it without. Cacao powder might be interesting to try with this, also lemon might do. Next time I will use more powder. I might buy more when this batch ends, I really liked that. I also give plus for organic as usual.

Flavors: Freshly Cut Grass, Seaweed, Sweet

K S

I start every day with this one. Bring drinking it long enough I am up to 1 teaspoon. I like t with vanilla and caramel.

Riimu

I made a mistake and tasted it in the evening, that energy. This really gives some nice kick for the day. I tried it with 100% cocoa powder and I recommend it, it maybe needs some sweetener like sugar or honey.

K S

Cocoa powder? I will have to give that a try.

Riimu

It’s interesting at least, needs honey or sugar with it though.