The Witches of Eastwick Fruit Tea

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 25 oz / 737 ml

• “Thank you AJRimmer!  Another fruity blend from Teavivre… they have had this one in particular in stock for quite a while.  The hibiscus looks like it should be overwhelming just looking at the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I haven’t been too impressed with Teavivre’s fruit tea options. They all taste pretty generically fruity and almost indistinguishable from each other. This one has the same red fruits flavor. It’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another cold brew from yesterday. Not half bad but i think i prefer the blueberry fruit tea and the peach one. This felt more like a generic berry flavoured to me..” Read full tasting note
  • “Okay, I totally chose this one for the name! It was a free sample with my last Teavivre order, and because I liked the name and am still looking for a decent fruit tea, I thought I’d give it a try....” Read full tasting note

From Teavivre

Ingredients: Roselle, Apple, Grapes, Pineapple, Papaya, Flavorings

Taste: Mixed flavor of pineapple and pawpaw drink

Brew: 1-2 tablespoons for 17oz of water. Brew at 212 ºF (100 ºC) for 1 to 5 minutes

TeaVivre’s Fruit Tea’s make great, low calorie, caffeine-free, refreshing drinks for anytime of the day. Made only from carefully matched flower petals, dried fruit and berries, they all have high levels of vitamins and minerals and – most importantly – taste and smell great! They are all fantastic to drink either hot or iced.

About Teavivre View company

Thank you AJRimmer!  Another fruity blend from Teavivre… they have had this one in particular in stock for quite a while.  The hibiscus looks like it should be overwhelming just looking at the amount of it in the dry blend, but the resulting mugs aren’t too overly hibiscus.  With the first steep the brew is fuchsia, the second steep a pale pink.  The flavor isn’t ONLY tartness… there is also a noted melon flavor and fragrance in both cups.  Though it’s an interesting addition to this blend, I don’t think it’s quite enough to make me want to stock up on this one. (And now that I’m looking at the ingredients list, the flavor I was noticing was probably papaya rather than melon.)
Steep #1  // 1 1/2 teaspoons for full mug // 10 minutes after boiling  // 2 minute steep
Steep #2  // 2 minutes after boiling //  6 minute steep

I haven’t been too impressed with Teavivre’s fruit tea options. They all taste pretty generically fruity and almost indistinguishable from each other. This one has the same red fruits flavor. It’s a little weak also, so I recommend overleafing. But I really can’t recommend this tea in general. It’s boring and not very tasty.

Nattie

Shame such a boring tea has such a fun name!

AJRimmer

I know!!

Okay, I totally chose this one for the name! It was a free sample with my last Teavivre order, and because I liked the name and am still looking for a decent fruit tea, I thought I’d give it a try. The dry leaf is reasonably encouraging, except that it contains a huge hibiscus leaf. I like to look at hibiscus – it’s a pretty thing, for sure – I just don’t want it in my tea. There are decent sized chunks of pineapple, papaya and apple, though, and a few dried black grapes. The scent to me is very much of blueberry, but there’s no blueberry here as far as I can see…it’s suppose to be a pineapple/papaya “tropical” blend. I guess we’ll see…

I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. The resulting liquor is a medium orangey-red, and the initial flavour is sadly mostly hibiscus/rosehip tartness. There is a pretty good tropical flavour underlying, but it’s a bit overpowered to really make much of an impression. It’s more papaya than pineapple, a little peppery and less sweet than I was expecting.

On the whole, I’m not really struck. Fruit teas without hibiscus are definitely more my thing, but there are so few that are readily available in the UK. I would really like a David’s Tea here sometimes! I wondered for a moment whether this might have been better cold brewed, but still – hibiscus.

Hmm.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Fjellrev

I would choose it just for the name too!

Drinking this hot today and it is really good. It is naturally sweet but I put a little raspberry syrup in it to make it really sweet. Now probably it’s too sweet. But is it good.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is very good – I have noticed that so far, I seem to prefer blends that have berry flavors combined with tropical pineapple. It creates a more unique fruit blend for me, and feels a lot more summery. I really like this one. It is strong but not too much, at least not too much for me.