Raw Pu-erh Mini Tuocha

Pu-erh Tea
Earth, Forest Floor, Honey, Smoke, Tobacco, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre
Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 5 g 3 oz / 100 ml

• “Thank you so much Angel and Teavivre for the opportunity to taste this Pu-erh. I wanted to do a simple cup of this one but I cannot manage to cut the little cake, too hard. So I decided to go for a...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 357 tasting notes
  • “I tried to broke one tuocha in half for my gaiwan (I know not the best option for puerh), but the tuocha is so hard that I had to use it whole. These are actually kinda cute, like baby tuochas!...” Read full tasting note
    Riimu 10 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lincang, Yunnan, China

Ingredients: Yunnan large leaf species, 100 years old

Harvest time: Made in 2014

Taste: strong taste with nice aftertaste

Health Benefits: Pu-erh tea has been known for it’s medicinal ability to increase your metabolism which helps to break down fat in the body and to reduce levels of bad cholesterol and increase levels of good cholesterol in the body. For this reason, Pu-erh tea is ideal for people who are looking for a healthy way to help their long term weight loss goals, when combined with a healthy diet and exercise. Amongst the many scientific studies on Pu-erh tea, one particular study shows that Pu-erh tea also contains polyphones, which attack free radicals in the body, helping to prevent many diseases and increasing your overall health.

About Teavivre View company

Thank you so much Angel and Teavivre for the opportunity to taste this Pu-erh.
I wanted to do a simple cup of this one but I cannot manage to cut the little cake, too hard. So I decided to go for a full teapot to use the entire cake.

After steeping, the leaves are very green and are a mix of cut and entire leaves.

The taste is not so smocky but very on the honey and dry stone fruit side to my opinion. It has none bitterness at all.
The texture is light, not mellow, very refreshing.

I loved this one very much, sure I’m not afraid at all anymore of Pu-erh !

You can see some pics here on my blog :http://thevangeliste.wordpress.com/2014/08/27/raw-pu-erh-mini-tuocha-teavivre/

TheTeaFairy

Yay! No longer afraid of pupu :-)

I love those minis and I loved your blog!

Ysaurella

Thank you :) I can add pics so that’s so nice. I need to create an instagram account as well

TheTeaFairy

Oh!!! Please come and join us on instagram, it’s so much fun ysaurella, people are great there too!! :-)

I tried to broke one tuocha in half for my gaiwan (I know not the best option for puerh), but the tuocha is so hard that I had to use it whole. These are actually kinda cute, like baby tuochas! Cake seems to break apart into small tea leaves and not into leaf particles which is nice.
The smell is nice, they smell like sheng should sweet and smoky, reminds me a bit of bbq sauce? Dry cake is browny green color.
Wet leaves smell still sweet, but new vegetal aroma has emerged. I also enjoy a lot seeing tuocha transform into tea leaves, it fun to watch.
Tea has that typical smoke and woody aroma, I don’t seem to notice any dry fruits in this like some older sheng have, still it doen’t have that typical sourness either that younger ones have. Strong and full flavour and golden liquid, somehow dry tea. (The full tuocha was too much for my 1dl gaiwan.) I might to buy more I really like these.

Flavors: Earth, Forest Floor, Honey, Smoke, Tobacco, Wood