tie guan yin iron goddess

Oolong Tea
Honeysuckle, Seaweed
Edit tea info Last updated by Hillel
Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 4 oz / 118 ml

From Teavivre

Product description not available yet.

About Teavivre View company

Outdoors in the sun just enjoying a Wednesday afternoon after work and I decided to brew something floral which was this!
Sadly, it did not give me the TGY floral taste I was wanting. It wasn’t the outdoors that changed the taste either, it is simply this tea. I believe the sizing is nice, but the taste just isn’t there. This is kind of like Tony Stark when he’s drunk; he may still be Tony Stark but he won’t be getting the job done the same way, you know?

SUCH a good example of the goddess of teas. The dry leaves are tightly curled and wrinkly, with a lovely combination of dark to almost fluorescent green hues. I followed Teavivre’s steeping recommendations in a gaiwan: 7 gm, 5 sec rinse, then 25/35/45/55 sec steeps. The wet leaves smelled of seaweed and the pale yellow liquor was smooth and slightly sweet (honeysuckle?) at the first steep, getting a bit sweeter for the next several steeps. It seemed to level off in flavor and sweetness after the first three steeps, which means it continued yummy all the way through. A lovely tea.

Flavors: Honeysuckle, Seaweed