Jasmine Raw Pu-erh Mini Tuocha

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie

• “This sample came from Teavivre, thank you! I was skeptical initially but this is some pretty nice tea! After a quick rinse I steeped my tuo in a glass mug. I was worried about using my yixing...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2541 tasting notes
  • “I wish I had read Stephanie's review just before preparing this one. I used boiling water per the label instructions. The first cup I went one minute. The color was light caramel and the taste was...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1384 tasting notes
  • “I picked up 50g of this on the Anniversary Sale. I wish I had taken a gamble and ordered more than that, because this is really good!!! I find the jasmine scent and taste nice and strong, and the...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 969 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Original Place: Lincang, Yunnan, China
Tea Tree: Yunnan large leaf species
Harvest Time: 2014
Production Date: 2014
Dry Tea: dark green color, tightly and evenly shaped
Flavor: strong taste, has subtle jasmine aroma and nice aftertaste

About Teavivre View company

This sample came from Teavivre, thank you!

I was skeptical initially but this is some pretty nice tea! After a quick rinse I steeped my tuo in a glass mug. I was worried about using my yixing since I didn’t want it to pick up a lot of jasmine flavor.

The package instructions said to steep this for 3 – 5 minutes but I was skeptical about letting it go that long. I steeped mine for 2 minutes in boiling water. This stuff is very interesting. I got a golden yellow infusion and the jasmine notes are more upfront and would definitely fall into the “subtle” category, which is good for me. I don’t like overly strong jasmine. Later in the sip you pick up the more vegetal notes of the tea and the typical “bite”, slightly bittersweet of the raw puerh. Seems like this is a tea made for drinking now and not really aging, I don’t know. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen a jasmine bing cha, or even a brick.

Anyway I was not made for sheng this early in the morning… the tea, although not too strong, has made my stomach slightly ill. This is an effect I often get from raw pu. I don’t know that I will get to re-steep this today but I look forward to experimenting a bit more with the 2nd sample I have.

Thank you again, Teavivre….

AllanK

Discover Teas sells a Jasmine Bing Cha but I think it is a small one and pricy.

I wish I had read Stephanie’s review just before preparing this one. I used boiling water per the label instructions. The first cup I went one minute. The color was light caramel and the taste was like sipping water poured over stones, with a light jasmine note up front. The second cup, also boiling, at two minutes was bright orange. Wow, the young raw leaf had a strong bite. I wish I had used cooler water. The liquor is almost syrupy, including sticky lips. The taste is nutty, and vegetal, with a nice floral jasmine that I think is more aroma than taste. This had an interesting throat warming sensation that was not the hot liquid or a spiciness. Can’t explain it better. Except for the bitterness, that I ended up taming with sweetener, this is a really interesting cup. Cup three was very similar. Next time this gets cooler water to hold down the bite. Otherwise really good.

Stephanie, I haven’t forgotten you – just can’t stay home long enough to get a package wrapped and out. I will try hard to get it done this week.

TeaBrat

oooh, Teavivre is sending me some of this, it looks so good!

I find the jasmine scent and taste nice and strong, and the sheng sweet and clear. I am interested to see how the re-steeps will taste. I am impressed though, I love jasmine green tea and sheng makes total sense to add jasmine to. Recommended!

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This sounds AMAZEBALLS.

I’m not placing an order
I’m not placing an order
I don’t need more tea

Stephanie

hahaha, I should have slipped one into the package I sent you today, darnit! Next time :)

TeaBrat

Cheri, you could write a song ;)

Cheri

Like I really need the tea you’ve just sent, let alone any more.

I’m drowning in tea

That one is 50% off tea
I don’t need more tea

hee hee hee!

Cheri

How many did you get in 50g?

Stephanie

Exactly 10

Cheri

Thanks. Now I have to think about it….