Chocolate (Dark Roast), aka Maya Chocolate

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kaylee

1 Tasting Note View all

• “After my previous experience with Teeccino, my expectations for this tea were very low. The dry bag does have a lovely hot cocoa smell. The brew is the color of coffee and smells like coffee and...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 400 tasting notes

From Teeccino

When Montezuma was drinking his “Nectar of the Gods”, a brew that combined cocao beans with vanilla, honey, and chiles, he knew what he was doing. Just a bit of heat generated from those chiles will wake up your system with just the right amount of stimulation. It’s subtle so it won’t overwhelm your senses, yet it provides a gentle prod with warmth for your digestion and circulation.

Though we can’t guarantee that it will bestow longevity on you like it was reputed to do for the royal Aztec lineage, we can tell you that Montezuma and his Maya neighbors knew how to create exciting flavor that is worthy of the Gods. Roasted coffee and chocolate notes from ramon seeds blended with cacao, vanilla and chile ~ now this is truly an exalted beverage from the New World brought to you courtesy of Teeccino!

Details:

Teeccino Tee-bags make brewing Teeccino easy and convenient at home or on the go!
Each Tee-bag contains 6g of Teeccino. Regular tea bags only hold 1 – 2g. Teeccino Tee-bags have more than 3 times the product as regular tea bags to create a full-bodied brew.
The exact same Teeccino grounds are in the Tee-bags as in our 11 oz bags. Tee-bags are simply Teeccino in a filter bag.
Each Tee-bag is individually wrapped in an envelope to seal in flavor and make it easy to transport wherever you go.
Unbleached tea bag filter paper
100% recycled carton: 50% post consumer material

Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, organic ramon seeds, natural chocolate flavor, organic cocoa, chile flakes. May contain trace amounts of almonds.

Directions:
Pour 8 oz of boiling water over the Tee-bag in a cup and steep for 3-5 minutes.
Dunk the bag several times in the beginning for the best brew.
Use 2 Tee-bags for a stronger brew in a larger mug or tea pot.
Add milk, non-dairy milk and sweetener as you prefer.

About Teeccino View company

1 Tasting Note

After my previous experience with Teeccino, my expectations for this tea were very low. The dry bag does have a lovely hot cocoa smell. The brew is the color of coffee and smells like coffee and chocolate as advertised. I actually got my hopes up that this tea would not be awful.

Well…I was kind of right. It is more palatable than the other Teeccino that I had (French Roast, which I rated 12 and poured down the sink after 3 sips). This does actually taste like chocolatey coffee. Not great, but drinkable. Kind of like bad coffee. A touch of rice milk really pulls the flavors together and makes this cup almost pleasant. I don’t taste any of the chile, but the coffee and chocolate flavors are clear and complementary. I have a much better impression of this company now. I suspect that I would have rated this tea higher if I didn’t still have the memory of that French Roast. I am trying to adjust for that in my rating. Still, first impressions are hard to get over.

At any rate, I’m quite glad to say that this is another sipdown.