Green Tea Opuncia

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by kOmpir

From Teekanne

Quality blend of finest green tea with a delicious opuncia taste. Ingredients: Green tea, opuncia flavour (3,6%).

Steeping instructions: 100 Celisus, 200 ml, 3-5 min

About Teekanne View company

This one is from Teekanne Green & White 6×5 pack. I almost never buy tea bags, but this was a nice opportunity to try out few different teas for decent price.

I did google search on opuncia, an it seems to be an edible kind of cactus (genus Opuntia). Aroma rising from cup reminds me of Aloe Vera with slight touch of sweetness to it. But then on second thought, it resembles rum punch as well.
With first sip that Aloe note refreshed my mouth, followed by a mild burst of astringency, but nothing overpowering nor long lasting. I never tasted anything like it. It’s kinda funny, but I enjoy it.
Sipping some more… hmm, I think opuntia flavor could fit well as iced tea. In fact, I might look for some loose leaf blend of this sort.
All in all, I quite enjoyed this one, but I don’t think it could be my everyday cuppa, maybe occasionally or when having cold.

Awful, awful fake aroma…like tasting a soap.

Strange tea. After 2 years of tea experience I never tried something like this. It’s good for a tea bag. And I would love to have this tea in whole leaf.