Havtorn Jordgubb (Sea-Buckthorn Strawberry)

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Anna

From Tehörnan

Som namnet antyder – jordgubb och C-vitaminrik havtorn, runt och gott.

Like the name implies, strawberry and vitamin C-rich sea buckthorn, round and tasty.

About Tehörnan View company

…and I will soldier on. After this one, there’s just one more unlogged tea in my cupboard.

This is one I’ve waited to write a note for, because I’ve found it confusing. It’s so frustrating when there’s a hint of something in terms of scent or taste that you just can’t place. But now I’ve finally figured it out. Incense!

It’s a pretty good strawberry for a simple rooibos, but the vanilla is only a scented vanilla – taste wise, it turns into a this little kick of perfumey incense.

This is not as vile as it sounds, but, either way, it’s not a favourite of mine.

[Purchased at Tehörnan in Uppsala, fall 2012.]

SEA BUCKTHORN? really. i have that in a vile mixture that works as a liver cleanse. i always thought it was the sea buckthorn that was vile, but maybe i was wrong?

Alas no! These are two more far tastier teas with sea-buckthorn I’ve written notes for here: http://steepster.com/teas/bonor-and-blad/39653-kustfagring-coastal-beauty and here: http://steepster.com/teas/bonor-and-blad/39776-goji-havtorn-gojiberry-and-sea-buckthorn. Let me know if you want a sample of either!

JustJames, David’s Redberry Tonic has them and it’s really tasty, especially as a cold brew! Maybe it just depends on the blend.

The incense note in this sounds like it would be really surprising!

hmmmm…. now i will go read the ingredients list for that cleanse. i feel bad that i may have been giving sea buckthorn berry a bad rep!!!

Yeah dude – seriously. Trashing sea-buckthorn behind its back like that? Not cool. Look at their little FACES. http://www.onlyfoods.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Sea-Buckthorn-Berries.jpg

Yeah I mean, just look at them, all innocently flaming orangey yellow. They’re just hanging out doing their thing.

My point exactly, Incendiaire. My point exactly.