Jasmine Tea

Flowering Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by M. Yura

• “First steep Not much of a smell. Fairly strong jasmine taste. Aftertaste quickly fades away to nothing. Jasmine teas tend to all be pretty much the same, and this is no different. That...” Read full tasting note
    MisterYura 19 tasting notes
  • “There were a few different quality jasmine tea at TenFu's (5 or 6 if my memory is right); the highest being Pearl, the others ranging from full / almost full leaves to small pieces / fannings. I...” Read full tasting note
    LaFleurBleue 111 tasting notes

From TenFu's Tea

Jasmine Tea is made from green tea leaves and fresh jasmine petals, when brewed, it produces deep yellow color, fruity taste, and aroma of tropical flowers.

About TenFu's Tea View company

First steep

Jasmine teas tend to all be pretty much the same, and this is no different. That doesn’t mean that it’s bad though.

There were a few different quality jasmine tea at TenFu’s (5 or 6 if my memory is right); the highest being Pearl, the others ranging from full / almost full leaves to small pieces / fannings.
I bought both the pearl (to be reviewed separately) and the highest grade of jasmine tea leaves.
Most of the leaves / pieces od leaves are around 2 cm long; some stems also found their way into the bag :(
The tea color is a golden yellow. The smell is nice; the taste strong both on tea and jasmine – the two tastes being quite distinguishable. I noticed it’s important not to let it steep long, as it turns quite bitter.
Overall this is a nice jasmine tea, but nothing wowed me; it jut felt like a good very standard and bland blend. I’m not sure I’ll be able to finish the pack I have.
I’ve also tried it iced (with a hot steep, which I believe is imperative to avoid the bitterness); it’s just ok.
I would recommand to any potential buyer to put the few more bucks required to upgrade to the Pearl rather than get this one.