Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by reesebaguio

From Tetley

The peel of the exotic bergamot orange is the unique element that gives Earl Grey its distinctive taste. The essence of bergamot, combined with a familiar and comforting Orange Pekoe base, creates a welcoming hot drink on any day.

About Tetley View company

Sometimes you just want a plain tea with breakfast. This is great for that. Strong, full-flavoured, great with a pinch of sugar and the barest splash of milk. The only criticism I can really make is that I’d have loved to have more bergamot in it, but still. This makes a nice morning cuppa.

Ysaurella

you should try Earl Grey Impérial and Grand Earl Grey of Mariage Frères, the bergamot is really present in these both blends.

KittyLovesTea

I know exactly what you mean, this starts to taste more like a strong black tea rather than an Earl Grey about half way through the cup :(

I had this over at my parents’ house for a big family X-mas party. My mother broke out a pot of this tea for dessert. To me it tastes as bland as ever (is there actually any bergamot in this?!) but it went fine with the sweet desserts, which were the focus anyway, so the quality didn’t matter so much, if that makes any sense.

Boiling
gmathis

Even if you are a discriminating tea drinker, sometimes you just need something hot. (At least that’s how I justify it to myself when I’m down to nothing but stuff I don’t like.)

The other tea I grew up on, also a Comfort Tea.

Good ol’ earl grey. I bought this in honour of my British friend who favours earl grey above the rest. And it’s Tetley; how can I not like it.

Earl Grey is my failsafe tea. I have to have one cup day; sweet with soy milk. I get adventurous and try other teas but I always come back to this one.

Needs more bergamot…overall this tea is pretty good if you do not overstep it. Once again, I always prefer loose leaf tea over ground-up and bagged tea, because there isn’t as much flavour with bagged and it is incredibly easy to overstep your tea. I basically put the bag into the hot water, swirl it around a few times until the colour changes enough, and take it right out.

Everyday at lunch with soymilk.

Sugar, Soy Milk. My daily morning ritual when I’m half awake.