Masala

Chai Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Chef8489

1 Tasting Note View all

From Tetley

Tetley’s premium tea is now selected and blended with Masala flavor, creating a truly enjoyable cup of tea. Tetley’s famous round tea bag has 2000 perforations to allow the full-bodied flavor to flow through. It is also a natural source of antioxidants. So go ahead and enjoy a superior cup of masala tea and discover the heavently taste that Tetley has to offer.

Ingredients: Black tea, natural flavors.

About Tetley View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea was a purchase from a local Indian food supermarket. They had many different brands but this was cheap and I hadn’t actually tried it before so thought it was worth a go.

The bags smell like clove and cinnamon which is nice but as expected. Once steeped this creates a fairly strong chai with dominant cardamom and clove aromas. Stronger and fresher than it’s raw tea bag form led me to believe.

Flavour is spicy but balanced, rich, fairly strong and actually….rather nice! The cardamom and cinnamon shine over a warm, black base tea with elements of clove, pepper, and ginger.

Must admit I don’t expect much from tea bags these days but this was lovely. Not fantastic, certainly not since I’m used to handmade chai that our local restaurants do, but in a pinch or relaxing at home this would certainly do. May be inclined to get more of this when I run out!

meakbot

Your review has piqued my interest in this tea – I would really love a sample, are you interested in a swap by chance?

KittyLovesTea

I am always up for a tea swap :) Is there anything else in my cupboard that you want to try as well?