Chai Tea

Black Chai Blend
Anise, Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “I got a few bags of this from my hairdresser several months ago. While visiting her I was going on and on about loose leaf tea and how much I loved it. She said, "I have this chai that's really...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 240 tasting notes
  • “So went with something easy to drink after getting my wisdom teeth out. Had to let this one cool down a bit cause of my teeth. The tea started out a little bland. As it cooled down the spices were...” Read full tasting note
    Rescueme91106 79 tasting notes
  • “I was surprised. After trying about a dozen bagged chais, mostly expensive natural brands, and finding them all to taste fake, this one is quite acceptable. It's inexpensive and available at the...” Read full tasting note
    Mr Steep 31 tasting notes
  • “I'm not going to lie, this tea has been sitting in my cupboard for probably years. I went home in Oct 2012 and it had been at my desk in the office for at least 2 years. I remember trying it...” Read full tasting note
    tuscanteal 150 tasting notes

From Tetley

Taste the exotic with the superb blend of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, star anise and cloves. Inspired by the traditional Indian Chai, this flavourful and aromatic adventure is sure to soothe and delight.

About Tetley View company

I got a few bags of this from my hairdresser several months ago. While visiting her I was going on and on about loose leaf tea and how much I loved it. She said, “I have this chai that’s really good. You gotta try it. Just boil it in some milk.” She pulled a bunch of these bags out and put them in a ziploc. I smiled politely and thanked her, thinking ‘hmmmmm’.

When I got home I put them aside and forgot about them. Until tonight. I wanted something easy to drink and not worry about ruining it.

I threw two bags into my red sweater nordic mug and let it steep for about 4 or 5 minutes. I was surprised at how thick the brew looked after steeping. I added cream and maple syrup. I tentatively took my first sip. Hey! It’s not bad! Not something I’d reach for on a daily basis, but in a pinch, it would do.

The spice is light, but it’s there. I have four more bags which I’ll have no problem finishing.

Nxtdoor

Yah, we have this in the house too. And the vanilla. And a couple more. My partner likes to drink them at work, she’s not into loose leaf. If I make it,she drinks it, otherwise she likes the convenience of bags and not worrying about screwing it up.

Fjellrev

Nice! Glad it turned out. I don’t think I’ve had this one. Or maybe I did. Who knows haha.

So went with something easy to drink after getting my wisdom teeth out. Had to let this one cool down a bit cause of my teeth. The tea started out a little bland. As it cooled down the spices were more prominant. This remained pretty bland as far as chai’s though.

I was surprised. After trying about a dozen bagged chais, mostly expensive natural brands, and finding them all to taste fake, this one is quite acceptable. It’s inexpensive and available at the supermarket. It has a nice spice flavour: not overpowering, yet not so weak that it can’t be drunk with milk. This is a good standby for on the go.

I’m not going to lie, this tea has been sitting in my cupboard for probably years. I went home in Oct 2012 and it had been at my desk in the office for at least 2 years. I remember trying it originally and feeling as though it tasted like licorice, meaning too much anise or fennel maybe. But I kept it, partially because it stacked nicely and if I got rid of it it would mean for uneven stacking of the Tetley Brands I do keep in the cupboard. This morning was the day. I figured why not? It is not bad actually. It is a bit soft in the flavour profiles but I was modest in my steeping times. I added cream and sugar to it and it perked up. I think I will try brewing stronger next time.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

haha

Tuscanteal

Shhh it stacks better okay ;)

Gwaaagh. This is like, the king of my tea cupboard. I cannot live without this! Sooooo good.

So you kinda know going in that this isn’t going to be the world’s most Indian Chai tea. In fact, the ingredient list kinda stops at “tea, cinnamon, flavours”. But if you’re looking for a tea you can buy almost anywhere, or are a newbie to this flavoring, then give this tea a try!

Its not a strong chai like some would find in other brands, but it was pretty good. I let the tea brew longer than recommended to give it a fuller body and added milk and sugar.

I would recommend this to someone who isn’t a fan of pungent chai teas but would like something different that the traditional orange peoke.

Chai is one of my favourite types of tea because of it’s spicy taste, but I felt that was lacking within this Tetley version. It seemed sort of tame compared to the chai teas I’ve tasted from other companies, but I still enjoy a good cup now & then. I do love the smell of this tea though, I must admit.

Somewhat bland for a chai, but still a decent cup of tea. I’ve tried it as a milk tea once before, but find I prefer it steeped in water, with added milk. I also prefer it sweetened — honey’s not bad, though brown sugar is best.

I Love the Full enriched Flavor. I use the Tetley Chai Tea for Ice Tea. You can taste all the spices at a stronger flavor. When I drink iced tea now I am comparing them all to Tetley Chai Tea. I want to buy a case I cannot find anymore. I enjoy the full aroma it is perfect…