Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by Leah

• “So there was one major wicked storm in my area last night. Pea sized hail - my poor plants, 3" of rain in my gauge this morning - however last night the wind was blowing the rain sideways, so who...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 762 tasting notes
  • “So when's the last time you guys have had this tea? After my daughter found my old bags and ripped/dump them out all over the coffee table I started to wonder the same thing. Time to give it a...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1670 tasting notes
  • “The tea I grew up on... ye olde faithful. Always nice to have after dinner. I made a thanksxmas dinner for a few friends tonight and its always a crowd pleaser. Also keep the extra large costco...” Read full tasting note
    tuscanteal 134 tasting notes
  • “This is my comfort tea. I'm never without a box of it in my cupboard. I won't deny that loose leaf tastes "better" but nothing will ever replace Tetley's comfort factor. On a side note, it's...” Read full tasting note
    reasonedmelody 40 tasting notes

From Tetley

Black tea (Orange Pekoe) is the most popular tea in the western world. The leaves of the Camellia Sinensis bush are expertly picked by hand just as they are for green tea, but after picking, they are allowed to naturally ferment. This process elicits a flavour that’s both exquisite and unmistakable. Each sip of Tetley Orange Pekoe Tea will tantalize your taste buds – making it easy for you to indulge in cup after delicious cup.

About Tetley View company

Of Course the Tradition Standby. Always good and very trustworthy.

A few years ago I was on a big coupon kick and received a coupon for Tetley tea. I was not impressed. Compared to Red Rose, I found it rather blah. A basic black tea for a basic price.

Boiling

This is the tea I grew up on, and I drink it now when I’m feeling sad or nostalgic, with milk & sugar as my Comfort Tea.

Long story short, I’ve been seeking refuge at the in-laws because the bf and I found fleas at home. Not a huge infestation, but enough to send me into a cleaning and panic frenzy for the past few days (probably more to come). And since I don’t have my tea gadgets here, I wanted something simple and bagged.

This will do! Nice and strong, half a teaspoon of sugar, and I can calm down for a little while.

Have been drinking this at work. Prefer Red Rose, but maybe one of these days this will give me the magic cuppa. It’s always hard to figure out when you’ll get one of those.

Just a middle of the road tea for me. Its very popular with guests and it is my sister’s preferred tea so I always keep a box on hand. I don’t dislike it, there is just nothing overly special about it.

Nothing fancy, but it’s a solid Pekoe. Good with milk and sugar.

must have with milk…I can’t start my day without it

This is what I drink all night at work. In the “premium” individually-wrapped bags on a good night — from the “Food Service” box tonight. I steep it in a paper cup, swirling constantly, for under a minute, after which it gets bitter quick. Drinkable with a splash of milk — but I’m going back to 1%, because it doesn’t hold up to the fattiness of the whole milk I tried today.

I drink this at least twice a day – first thing when I get up in the morning, and before I go to bed at night. It’s my go-to tea!