Orange Pekoe

Malt, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Leah

• “So there was one major wicked storm in my area last night. Pea sized hail – my poor plants, 3" of rain in my gauge this morning – however last night the wind was blowing the rain...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 852 tasting notes
  • “So when’s the last time you guys have had this tea? After my daughter found my old bags and ripped/dump them out all over the coffee table I started to wonder the same thing. Time to give it...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “The tea I grew up on… ye olde faithful. Always nice to have after dinner. I made a thanksxmas dinner for a few friends tonight and its always a crowd pleaser. Also keep the extra large...” Read full tasting note
    tuscanteal 150 tasting notes
  • “This is my comfort tea. I’m never without a box of it in my cupboard. I won’t deny that loose leaf tastes “better” but nothing will ever replace Tetley’s comfort...” Read full tasting note
    reasonedmelody 40 tasting notes

From Tetley

Black tea (Orange Pekoe) is the most popular tea in the western world. The leaves of the Camellia Sinensis bush are expertly picked by hand just as they are for green tea, but after picking, they are allowed to naturally ferment. This process elicits a flavour that’s both exquisite and unmistakable. Each sip of Tetley Orange Pekoe Tea will tantalize your taste buds – making it easy for you to indulge in cup after delicious cup.

About Tetley View company

This is my standard go-to Pekoe, I drink so much of it that I hardly know if I do it because I love it or it has just become habit. A bit of milk and sugar and I am good to go!

This is my every-day tea. Deep, comforting, and reminds me of my childhood. I always think of it as an equivalent to a fuzzy blanket on cold days, but I might be slightly biased.
Handles over-steeping fairly well, but I usually steep it for about 3 minutes.
Always enjoy with a splash of milk in your favorite mug (it’s just meant to be).

This is the tea that made me think I didn’t like orange pekoe. No matter what I do, it always gets super bitter. If I make a full pot of tea instead of a cup and steep it for only about a minute it turns out drinkable, but still not very good. I’ll have it with a lot of milk and sugar if there’s no other options (like when I’m visiting family) but definitely not my tea of choice.

This was the first tea I’ve ever had, been drinking it al my life. It isn’t anything special, but it is reliable. I find it can take quite a bit of oversteeping, although once you go too far, oooh it gets bitter really fast. I need a little milk and sugar with this, possibly out of habit.

I find this isn’t a tea I drink for the flavour or experience, this is something I drink when I want something warm and comforting. Its the best for that purpose.

Almost nothing but Tetley for over thirty years.

This is my standard everyday tea. It’s a good Orange Pekoe and isn’t much hurt by oversteeping. Good with milk and sugar.

too sweet, tastes like sugar cardboard