Naturally Decaffeinated Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “I had to get an eye exam today where my eyes were dilated with eye drops. I still have quite blurry vision although it is improving. I still can't read anything on my cellphone, but I can now...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 766 tasting notes
  • “A review of Naturally Decaffeinated Green Tea by Tetley Tea Company: Tetley Tea Tea Name: Naturally Decaffeinated Green Tea Tea Type/Varietal: Green Region: Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes
  • “Currently sipping this down after a couple coffees and black teas have made me a jittery, studying mess. Actually *very* happy with this cup. Details to follow (post-midterm!).” Read full tasting note
    FeistyDreamer 31 tasting notes

From Tetley

Tetley Tea
www.tetleyusa.com

When it comes to pure, refreshing real tea taste, no other tea compares with Tetley. Tetley Naturally Decaffeinated Green Tea is distinctively relaxing, yet powerfully restorative. To make this smooth tasting tea, Tetley only selects the finest green teas of exceptional quality. The leaves are then carefully prepared to evaporate moisture and lock in the distinct flavor. The result is a gently, calming tea with light golden color and fine delicate flavor.

How to brew a proper cup of Tetley Tea:
Place a tea bag in your favorite cup.
Bring fresh, cold water to a boil and pour over your tea bag
Steep for 2 to 4 minutes
Remove the tea bag, relax and enjoy.

Microwave alternative:
In the microwave, place tea bag in water and heat on high for 1 ½ minutes- 3 minutes, depending on strength of microwave.

Enjoy all the lovely, smooth flavour of green tea without the caffeine. Sip after sip, Tetley Naturally Decaffeinated Green Tea is sure to transform you into a state of tranquility.

About Tetley View company

I had to get an eye exam today where my eyes were dilated with eye drops. I still have quite blurry vision although it is improving. I still can’t read anything on my cellphone, but I can now watch TV. Computer is not too bad as long as I am not looking at it for too long. But I still feel quite nauseous and dizzy from having blurry vision.

So anyway, I decided to have some ginger tea. I am not sure if it will help my stomach because the problem is not really upset stomach but my eye problem, but anyway. I bought some dried ginger root, just to keep on hand for when I didn’t have fresh ginger root in the house. I mixed the ginger root and some honey, steeped that in boiling for 2 minutes, then added one of these teabags and steeped for another minute. I needed to use decaf tea because it is getting a little late in the day for caffeine for me.

It is actually quite good. The green tea and honey taste smooth and sweet. The ginger is moderately strong. Not as strong as I would like. All the ingredients are mixing well together. I quite like this. (It is doing nothing to help with my stomach, or my eyes, but my tongue likes it).

Fjellrev

Aww no! My mom had her dilated the other day too, and she nearly slipped on the icy sidewalks like a dozen times. Must be annoying.

Lala

I had severe motion sickness when I was a child (like throw up with just the car backing out of the driveway). Its gotten significantly better with age. I managed to do the kiddie tilt-a-whirl this summer, but needed to sit and take a break for a while after. After my eyes were dilated, I got that old sensation of motion sickness, felt like that for about 4 hours. Definitely hope it doesn’t have to happen too often, not pleasant.

Anna

I remember how that felt – it was extremely disorienting. I had to stay at the hospital while they processed some tests or something, so I went with my mom (I was just a kid) to the cafeteria. I still remember the weirdness of trying to force my eyes to see the green marzipan cake I was eating, but it just escaped into a blur every time I blinked. I hope the tea works – that motion sickness feeling is the worst.

A review of Naturally Decaffeinated Green Tea by Tetley Tea

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 195 Fahrenheit
Time: 4 minutes

I find green tea to be the tea that I consume the most. So here is to fixing another cup of green tea. I take one tea bag and put it in my cup and pour the boiled water into my cup and leaving it to steep for several minutes.

This tea’s color is what I continue to be amazed at since it really does brew lightest yellow and not brown and the tea’s aroma hints at being vegetal. As I sip this tea I try to take in its smoothness and delicateness. I find this tea to be very relaxing and soothing.

I mean it is a quiet day and time for a nice cup of tea which happens to be a cup of green tea.

Currently sipping this down after a couple coffees and black teas have made me a jittery, studying mess. Actually very happy with this cup. Details to follow (post-midterm!).

Feisty

Three more chapters to go. Need more tea. Can’t handle caffeine. Out of decaffeinated green. A herbal instead perhaps? Nope, not feeling it. Eyeing the damp, used green tea bag. Hmm…

So I’ve heard a lot of people on here talk about 2nd infusions and while I can’t remember if any have been in reference to green tea I decide to give it a try. The little damp bag goes back in, boiling water (I always forget to pour before it boils!) and a longer steeping time (’bout 6 minutes) in hopes of ending up with a decently strong tasting cup.

I don’t know if I did something right, but it tasted quite drinkable, definitely not as flavourful as the first time but a nice, mild green-tea taste and still absolutely no bitterness (despite being abused twice with boiling water!). I added just a tiny bit of honey to fill out the taste.

Tea fix obtained. Back to the books.