Mount Wellington

Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

2 Images

• “Went on a hike today with the boy. He's wilderness training me, today we did The Needles in southwest national park. Straight up, about 400m, wind blowing in sideways with a good dose of rain....” Read full tasting note
    jennanlovell 223 tasting notes
  • “A beautiful, light and sweet brew with clear vanilla and fruit hints. I pulled it out for afternoon tea with my friend today, partly due to her flavour profile request and partly due to the fact...” Read full tasting note
    memily 676 tasting notes

From The Art of Tea

Mount Wellington tea is a delightful blend of fruit and vanilla flavoured black teas with pretty blue cornflowers.

About The Art of Tea View company

Went on a hike today with the boy. He’s wilderness training me, today we did The Needles in southwest national park. Straight up, about 400m, wind blowing in sideways with a good dose of rain. Typical Tasmanian weather, and it was a bit awesome really! I did it all, and made good time and it made both of us quite happy! My body wasn’t able to cope with these things until recently, but I can now power up the hills and enjoy the weather and came back down nicely with no soreness or joint issues and it was awesome!

But with sideways rain comes a touch of coldness, so when we got home I made a pot of Mount Wellington tea and we warmed up on our insides. Comfort tea. Hmmmm……..

TheTeaFairy

My goodness, reading about your escapade makes me want to reach for a blanket and a huge teapot!

TassieTeaGirl

Yep! It was needed! Was such a good feeling having the warm goodness slide down my throat.

A beautiful, light and sweet brew with clear vanilla and fruit hints. I pulled it out for afternoon tea with my friend today, partly due to her flavour profile request and partly due to the fact that Hobart woke up this morning to a mountain absolutely coated in snow. This is definitely the most snow I’ve seen on kunanyi since I moved here two years ago, and a lot of locals are saying it’s the most snow they’ve seen for far more years than that. It’s very exciting for this little ex-Queenslander, though I was restrained and stayed off the roads instead of rushing to the mountain—the pinnacle road is closed due to the heavy snow but I was strongly considering parking and trekking up a bit further to some heavier snow to play in. Having said that, a lot of local roads in and out are closed due to the snowfall and I don’t expect I would have been the only rubbernecker on the road, so I played it sensible and stayed inside. To be honest, it was a LOT warmer inside than out today, too! I think we barely got above zero celcius in apparent temperatures. This is a perfect winter day for me. I wish it was like this more often.

Anyway, tea, yes. I wonder if Art of Tea will consider renaming the tea, based on the dual naming policy that came in for the mountain at the start of the year. I love the word kunanyi and I hope it will overtake the white word in usage, as uluru has done.

Flavors: Vanilla