English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

From The Boston Tea Company

Filled with a classically rich flavor, you’ll want to keep this premium blend of estate high-grown black tea from China and India close by your side.

Ingredients: Premium blend of Chinese & Indian black teas.

About The Boston Tea Company View company

Had the bagged version this morning: smooth, strong, pleasant, and not finicky. Quite welcome during these hectic days as we prepare for what my mom would have called her “homegoing.” Amazing, the number of bizarre and random errands that become necessary at a time like this. My Emily Dickinson is not letter perfect, so apologies; but she had it spot on:

The bustle in a house
the morning after death
is the solemnest activity
enacted upon earth.
The sweeping up the heart
and putting love away
we shall not want to use again
until Eternity.

TheTeaFairy

Nothing to add…just hugs.

Nicole

hugs here as well

gmathis

Thank you—I’ve been blessed with a bevy of friends (online and otherwise) who have listened patiently and responded with encouragement!

This doesn’t have much scent but it’s fairly bold in taste for a bagged tea. It’s not drastically bold but I’d say Medium to Medium Strong. Tastes a little lemony but it doesn’t have lemon in the ingredients…hum…

Not bad.

A true classic, this version does not disgrace. My humans were wide awake and buzzing around the house afterwards. Details and some very nice photos (especially the one of “moi”): http://lyt-tea-reviews.blogspot.com/2010/10/review-boston-tea-companys-english.html

I had this as a loose tea and I thought it was excellent. Deep and strong and winey, with the barest tiniest whiff of cherry and smoke, quite possibly from Keemun tea, as that is usually a component of English Breakfast, along with an Indian tea, usually Assam.

For a bagged tea it is not too bad, but is low on flavour and no body and not much aroma.