Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I may never find an Earl Grey that I deeply love (and I will continue to try). However, this is at least an Earl Grey that I don't mind. Runs a little closer to the Lemon Pledge/floral side than to...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1703 tasting notes
  • “teabag sidpdown! no. just no. so while there are few people out there who think that i'm gradually going to cover over to the dark side and find love and happiness in an early grey - this is a tea...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4840 tasting notes
  • “This is yummy! Ok on to the review haha. After trying some BAD tetley teas, I got afraid that my taste buds were becoming snobbish. I'm blessed with a David's Tea every day as it's close to my...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Uhhh.... This tastes like flowery soap. I could smell the bergamot while it was steeping, but when I took the first sip.... Floral overload. This is just barely more tolerable than that horrid...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 306 tasting notes

From The Boston Tea Company

Premium estate Chinese and Indian black teas are enhanced with the citrus, tart flavor of fragrant bergamot, which pairs perfectly with your favorite pastry or tea-time treat.

Ingredients: Premium blend of Chinese and Indian black teas, oil of bergamot flavor.

About The Boston Tea Company View company

I may never find an Earl Grey that I deeply love (and I will continue to try). However, this is at least an Earl Grey that I don’t mind. Runs a little closer to the Lemon Pledge/floral side than to plain ol’ citrus, which I prefer. Lemon Pledge in a pleasant way.

Terri HarpLady

Have you ever noticed that the people who seem to love the Earl the most are mostly guys? :D
Maybe that sweet perfume reminds them of their mothers.
just sayin…

hahahaha

K S

No name calling. I’m telling…. Moooommmmm!

:D
K, thanks for being a good sport!

Lynxiebrat

LOL…I’m a girl and I adore EG. :P

Terri HarpLady

Oh well…it was just a theory ;)

gmathis

Female stereotyping again—-but I wonder if the soap & polish vibes remind us subliminally of housework?

NofarS

Try Ronnefeld’s Darjeeling Earl Grey. Just the texture of that tea drives me wild. And I’m not an EG fan

gmathis

Darjeeling sounds like a nifty base for EG. I’m not familiar with Ronnefeld…will have to investigate.

teabag sidpdown! no. just no. so while there are few people out there who think that i’m gradually going to cover over to the dark side and find love and happiness in an early grey – this is a tea to remind me of why i hate earl greys lol Thanks for the taste CHAroma! While i dislike this a lot (floral much?!?) i still am happy to cross another one off my list :)

CHAroma

Oops, LOL! Sorry I gave you one that you hate.

Haha no way! It’s good to know where my limits are with EG’s. even if I’d hated every single tea you sent, which I didn’t, it still would be a success to me. I love sharing tea and finding out what I like and don’t like :)

This is yummy!

Ok on to the review haha. After trying some BAD tetley teas, I got afraid that my taste buds were becoming snobbish. I’m blessed with a David’s Tea every day as it’s close to my work, what if I got too used to all the high fancy to-do flavoured goodness that is DT? haha what I mean is, DT has very strong flavours that are unique and I’m loving them, but what about the other teas of the supermarket world that are closer to my fingertips, the ones I grew up on?

Well superlong story short, I went to Winners and bought a giant box of Boston’s tea, about 8-10 different flavours. Heck yes.

And lo and behold – it’s yummy! Not sour and bitter like my Tetley Vanilla Earl Grey experience, but a more muted and classic Earl Grey. I used 2 tea bags because my mug is huge and it’s an early morning. Added a splash of cream and sugar, as is my want.

Happy tuesday morning.

Uhhh…. This tastes like flowery soap. I could smell the bergamot while it was steeping, but when I took the first sip…. Floral overload. This is just barely more tolerable than that horrid bergamot-soaked slime that Tazo is passing off as an Earl Grey.

No thanks… I’ll stick to my Twinings and Gloria Jean’s.