Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From The Boston Tea Company

DETAILED DESCRIPTION: You’ll do the cha-cha over our Chai tea! Ever so popular, worldwide, Chai is a centuries’ old tradition of Indian culture. Boast to your friends about Boston Tea’s aromatic, cheery blend of black tea with sweet fragrant spices. Simply add a pinch of sugar to bring out its rich flavorful spices of cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and anise seeds. Top with a generous splash of milk and sensually savor each sip!

About The Boston Tea Company View company

This is a lovely chai. It may be because it’s been a while (at least a week if not longer) since I’ve had a chai, but this is really tasting so very good to me right now. The spices are not overwhelming, and I like that the cinnamon and ginger are pretty much in check here. They aren’t overpowering, in fact, I’d say that the cardamom and cloves are stronger in flavor than either the cinnamon or ginger. The anise gives it a gentle sweetness in the background. This would be a good chai for even those who dislike anise, as it is not a strong presence here, and the anise seems to meld very well with the other flavors.

The black tea is equally as prominent as the spices, and it has a pleasantly smooth, rich tone to it.

Overall, a very pleasing cup. I drank this without milk, and just a wee bit (a half a teaspoon) of turbinado sugar, which helped to enhance the spices but didn’t make it overly sweet. Very nice.

Had a bag this morning…sending my last one to G.G. :)
See other notes :)

gmathis

Anticipation :)

I want to clarify something for all the tea drinking humans out there. “Chai” means “tea” but in the U.S. we use it to indicate a tea with spices added. Which spices are used varies. Some are more authentic to what is used in India, while others are more geared toward a particular taste. This tea has a real Fall feel. My humans had fun trying it: http://is.gd/f8Gdn