Pumpkin Spice Black

Edit tea info Last updated by The Tea Show

From The Boston Tea Company

Ah! Crisp, cool air, bright, colorful leaves – makes me want to have a hot, soothingly rich cup of tea! Try our harvest blend of hearty pumpkin bits, radiant sunflower and exotic spices that complement our premium estate Ceylon black tea for a robust cupful. Keep this pouch on hand for a fragrant cup of Fall all year long!

About The Boston Tea Company View company

Be prepared for this to taste more like the fruit that is pumpkin rather than the traditional pumpkin pie spice that we tend to associate with fall. It is a nice Ceylon black and has bits of sunflower (which I personally enjoy) and there is a slight spicy aftertaste to the cup that isn’t strong, but is noticeable. Somewhat astringent. As for the pumpkin pieces, the aroma of the dry blend in the bag is a bit on the unusual side because dry pumpkin pieces don’t really smell “sweet”, but the taste once steeped is fine.
If you’re looking for it to be a fall version of the super-spices as with a chai tea, this isn’t the pumpkin tea for you. But if you’re more of a purist like myself who enjoys tasting the tea in your tea, this is a perfect seasonal treat, and can be sweetened or left alone according to how well you love pumpkin in its unprocessed form.
Perfect accompaniment for toast and drier pastries.

Set aside thoughts of pumpkin pie before trying this tea. You’ll enjoy it much better that way. No, my buddy the pie pumpkin is not in this tea. The pumpkin pieces came with the tea. Check out these so cool photos of me and details on the experience I and my humans had trying this tea: http://is.gd/gFl1k