Dian Hong Golden Buds 2012

Edit tea info Last updated by NofarS

• “This is the first tea I am sampling from the amazing box of black, oolong, puerh, etc that I got in my swap with *Nofar*. I love Dian Hong teas. They are so rich & buttery, & this one is right...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2484 tasting notes
  • “Had a delightful, bright, golden cup of this this morning. I wish that I had more time with it, much more time, for many lazy, golden steepings. This is a thick, silky, malt/caramel/cane...” Read full tasting note
    NofarS 293 tasting notes

From The Chinese Tea Company

Type: Red Tea
Origin: Yunnan Province, China
Harvest: April, 2011
Tea leaves: Bud and 1 slight open leave
Taste: Rich full bodied flavour and fresh sweet aroma

About The Chinese Tea Company View company

This is the first tea I am sampling from the amazing box of black, oolong, puerh, etc that I got in my swap with Nofar.

I love Dian Hong teas. They are so rich & buttery, & this one is right on the mark. It bears a very strong resemblance to our beloved Golden Fleece, with nice thick leaves in shades of gold, olive, & caramel. The flavor is rich, from the rinse water all the way through the final steeping. Gentle, sweet, thick. What does Amber taste like? Sunlight? For awhile I get a sense of Bee Pollen. I love teas like this. The flavor of mushrooms sauteed in Mirin. The flavor of honeysuckle in a later steeping. And I keep steeping. This is what I needed.

NofarS

Yay! So glad that you liked it. This is from a little tea shop in Portobello road market. They also have an online store, but the store itself is a little treasure.

Had a delightful, bright, golden cup of this this morning. I wish that I had more time with it, much more time, for many lazy, golden steepings. This is a thick, silky, malt/caramel/cane sugar/honey of a tea, that really begs you to let go of the daily humdrum of your life and enjoy a good book in a sunny garden chair. Fantastic!

Terri HarpLady

Sounds like a wonderful tea & a perfect way to enjoy it! :)