Edit tea info Last updated by Cynthia

• “Well I'm stuck here in Las Vegas for the next few days because I'm at a scientific conference. I wasn't really expecting a lot of tea options in the area so I was pleased to find this coffee shop...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1994 tasting notes
  • “This tea was alright. I would have liked more Bergamot, though. I was at a Krispy Kreme in Los Angeles on vacation, and a 'Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf' shop was connected. I wanted something to help...” Read full tasting note
    Scharp 115 tasting notes
  • “Holy Bergamont Batman! This is labeled a flavored black tea on the tin, and man is it flavored. Usually Earl Grey teas have enough bergamont to cut thte acidity of the black tea, but this one the...” Read full tasting note
    RunByGreenTea 11 tasting notes

From The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

One of the most famous, and rightfully distinctive teas in all the world, Earl Grey derives its unique flavor from oil of Bergamot, a Mediterranean citrus fruit like an orange (in case you were wondering). Named after the 2nd Earl Grey, a British prime minister who received this flavored tea as a gift and served it in his ministerial drawing rooms, the tea has been in continuous production since the 1830s. Enjoy it black or with milk.

About The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf View company

1994 tasting notes

Well I’m stuck here in Las Vegas for the next few days because I’m at a scientific conference. I wasn’t really expecting a lot of tea options in the area so I was pleased to find this coffee shop that also has “the tea leaf” in its name. They have more options for take away than your typical coffee shop but to start I decided to try their Earl Grey. It’s a pretty decent tea; nothing to write home about but definitely drinkable. There’s only one other review for this on Steepster and it’s a pretty bad one that complained about the stong bergamot. Yes, this is a bergamotty tea but that’s not necessarily a bad thing, at least to me. I love bergamot and prefer my Earl Grey with robust bergamot, as long as it’s done well. Here it’s not bitter or astringent, but pleasant and citrusy. The black tea base is smooth and pretty tasty. As it cools the bergamot does get a bit astringent, so this is one of those teas that’s best enjoyed hot.

This tea was alright. I would have liked more Bergamot, though. I was at a Krispy Kreme in Los Angeles on vacation, and a ‘Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’ shop was connected.

I wanted something to help me relax after a long day of tourism at Huntington Beach. My server put the “loose leaf” tea bag in before I could check the quality of the leaves alone. I suspected to find some stems in there, as I did with their English Breakfast blend a while back.

Enjoying the lovely doughnuts, I decided to stop steeping the tea. The Bergamot scent wasn’t as strong as most other Earl Grey’s I’ve had. However, the mellow scent went very well with the base tea. When it was cool enough to drink, I went for an unsatisfying sip. It was very mellow in Bergamot flavor, and the base tea seemed to take on what little flavor there was.

This tea was pretty relaxing, but it did not yield a satisfying cuppa.

Holy Bergamont Batman! This is labeled a flavored black tea on the tin, and man is it flavored. Usually Earl Grey teas have enough bergamont to cut thte acidity of the black tea, but this one the bergamont is so overused it can be nauseating. I steeped only one bag for caution and I was so overwhelmed with the bergamont. It is a necessity to put some milk with this tea, at least that helps to mellow out the bold bergamont flavor, if bold means insane. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf usually has good quality teas, this is just overboard.

BlaqueHat

They are usually inconstant on the quality of this tea.