Lord Petersham

Available from 1 seller.

From The Devotea

About The Devotea View company

Sipdown!
Thank you, Cavocorax, for sharing your sample of this tasty blend of teas with me! I had breakfast with his lordship, while Tony invited the Earl of Grey.
Petersham is a fine fellow, & I’d be glad to take tea with him anytime!

gmathis

You’ve been entertaining all kinds of dignitaries this weekend!

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, who would have thought it. Me, just a musician trying to get by, & all of a sudden I got Lords & Earls coming for breakfast, Friends visiting me in the tub, the Vicar…the damn Vicar, I tell you!

gmathis

Did he get his clerical collar wet? ;)

Not sayin"n

Robert Godden

There’s also one named after Lord Petersham’s sister: The Duchess. But not available in the USA yet.

Terri HarpLady

Have you sampled it Robert?

Robert Godden

I’ve sampled them all! I’m the co-owner of The Devotea.

Terri HarpLady

Cool! Why isn’t it available in the US? It seems like there was another one on the site that was also only available in Australia…Aussie Chai (I just looked, LOL)

Robert Godden

We started in Australia, where we have 21 blends. Many of them are based around teas readily available here. As we have expanded to the the US and the UK, we have found that some ingredients are impossible to get for very expensive. As an example, we had real trouble getting lemon myrtle, which you can buy at most supermarkets here. The USA is doing very well and currently has more than half the blends available. There are also two USA-only blends – Star Spangled Chai and a new one about to be announced. With regard to Aussie Ginger Chai, which is our biggest seller in Australia, it is entirely made from Australian-Grown tea which is quite expensive in the US. Nevertheless, following a few well-known US tea bloggers falling in love with it after we toured the USA handing out packets of it last month, I rather suspect there might be good news on that one in the coming months.

Terri HarpLady

Awesome! Keep me posted, I love a good gingery chai! :)

First tea of the day. Now that the cold weather is here to stay I find I’m drinking way more tea each day. I’ve got a slight headache this morning so I wanted one with a good amount of caffeine. This one fits the bill nicely. I believe the US blend has five different types of tea, while the Australian version has seven!

There are teas from Sri Lanka, China and India in this monster cup! I smell at least two teas while drinking this one, I’m not sure if they are the right two teas…but I’m smelling Ceylon and something malty…Assam maybe? However the taste is def. that of a Darjeeling and perhaps Keemun? There’s just so much going on in this cup and whatever it is certainly works well with one another. I’m glad I noticed I had this in the cabinet. Perfect start to my Sunday.

Robert Godden

Your nose is ‘quite’ accurate. I will say no more than that!

The Purrfect Cup

Good to know I’m learning!! This has brightened my day Robert!

Strong and black? Yes, very much so, yet not astringent, so really quite tasty plain. Not for the faint of heart (or palate), that’s for sure!

Boiling
Terri HarpLady

I planned on buying some of this quite awhile back, & never did. Thanks for the reminder!

Cavocorax

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by this one!

This was in my Amoda box! I finally got around to reviewing it after packing half of it up for TerriHarpLady.

Now I almost wish I wasn’t sharing it!! Bahahahahah. (Not really though – I have some excellent samples coming my way).

I was surprised by this. It’s smooth, yet astringent in a good way, bold, and a touch smoky! I should have had this in the morning, but I’ll resteep it and stay up instead. It’s almost a little creamy too? Wow. I’m happy I gave the Amoda box a try!

400th note!

Woot! Grats on 400!

Terri HarpLady

Yay! I’m excited that I’ll get to try this! Thanks in advance!

Kittenna

I was surprised by this one too. Always nice to try a tasty unflavoured black! PS Sil, if you want some of this from me, you’re welcome to it.

Yes please lol

Robert Godden

Congrats on the 400th Note.

Cavocorax

Thanks! I just checked your website and the prices are very reasonable! Maybe I will be able to stock up on more of this one!

Robert Godden

Great to hear. Also, our US distributor now has a sample pack where you get them all.

Cavocorax

Is that through the teatra.de site as well?

Cavocorax

Thanks for letting me know!

Must. Update spreadsheet for kittenna. Gah going to forget lol

Kittenna

Didn’t I put it on there?

You did :)

This one feels even stronger in some ways than the other two breakfast blends I’ve tried so far from The Devotea. It’s smooth though, just like they were; the body feels less like a coat but there’s a welcome slight leaf bitterness that works with the smoothness. I might like 1910 a skosh more for the surprising flavors at the end of its sip, but this is nice too. The color in the cup is gorgeous, clear but deep, a warm brown smoothly burnished with a bit of ruby. Breakfast blends! Along with after dinner Assams you are getting me through this endless winter and for that, many thanks.

keychange

You’re right about this winter feeling endless.

Robert Godden

So glad you are also enjoying this. It’s our most popular tea in America.

mrmopar

20 inches of snow so far here, traffic is slam stopped everywhere.

That’s a lot of snow!
I’m happy to report that the snow is melting in St. Louis, which is good because I hate moving my harp in the snow!

mrmopar

Settled out at 26 inches of snow. Blah lots of shoveling.

Terri HarpLady

Or you can just sit around & drink tea :)

this was my other tea from this morning and man, it was delicious! I have a bunch of devotea teas to finish up from when my tea sister Terri was kind enough to send some my way. Some of them with larger amounts, so i’m hoping that Cavo won’t have tried SOME of them lol This one though, is all mine. I first tried it through the aomda box and loved it, and i still really enjoy it. :)

Final Count: 139

Terri HarpLady

Glad you like it. Did you drink the 1910 yet?

Not yet..but i took them all out of their home to make them visible so that i’ll go through them all this week :)

VariaTEA

This is in the box. You will have more soon :)

Cavocorax

I fell in love with this through the Amoda box, and then contacted them to get a cheaper shipping rate to buy some more. :D

Robert Godden

So glad you like it. I’m having some now to celebrate that fact!

Received this from Terri HarpLady.

I was having a difficult time figuring out how to describe this one. It is sweet, smooth, maybe its malty. It is definitely a STRONG tea for sure. Maybe some assam, or some Ceylon? Is that a Darjeeling? I really don’t even know if that is what I am tasting either. I thought maybe my taste buds were off from eating or drinking something. So I started doing some digging. I think the best way to describe this tea is how the company describes it : A blend of seven teas, named after an Regency/Georgian English gentleman with a massive collection of tea. Strong and black.

Robert Godden

This tea is a big hit in the US, I think after I did a piece of tea pairing that suggested “Lord Petersham and Downton Abbey”!. Sales go up every time a new series starts!
Thanks for your comments.

Backlog:

I was so thrilled when I saw this tea in the Amoda box back in May. (Yes, that’s how far behind I am. Yes, I hear Sil saying “she’s never going to get caught up” and laughing about it. It’s not funny Sil. I’ll get caught up. Just … quit laughing at me, Sil.)

Anyway … I love this tea. I love it. One of the very best black tea blends I’ve ever tried. This is like top-notch awesome. Like the awesome-est of the awesome awesomeness.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/05/19/lord-petersham-black-tea-blend-from-the-devotea/

Not Sure if TEB sent my box along to you and azz….but if not, she’s got tea from me for you hahaha

I could see what looked like flecks of Darjeeling second flush and plump, tippy leaves of Golden Yunnan. The smell was earthy and floral. On introduction, there was a bit of a citrus snap, followed by a slight tannic bite in the middle, then it snapped at the top note with a presence of peppers, allspice, honey and Keemun sweetness.

Full Review (If you can call it that) Here: http://lazyliteratus.teatra.de/2012/05/02/guan-yins-tigers-and-lords-oh-my/

A colleague of mine brought in some samples from The Devotea to try out, and this was one of them. It’s a great cup of tea! It’s one of those that holds up sweetened or not, and is good at any time of the workday. I’m sad I ran through so quickly, though I suspect I’ll be placing an order for some soon!

Robert Godden

If you are planning on ordering, there’s a discount available at the moment via this article: http://offbeathome.com/2013/06/loose-leaf-teas