Persian Princess

Edit tea info Last updated by Robert Godden

• “I love the names that Devotea gives to their teas. *TerriHarpLady* was kind enough to share a lot of them with me. I would, no joke, choke to death, if I tried to drink this while holding a...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “Kicking my day off with this tea as it says it is a strong blend. Let me tell you I NEED that this morning. We had to leave the house much earlier than usual...twenty minutes to be exact. Twenty...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “I love how savory this one is, yet it's not hair-rising or hard to drink at all, smooth like all the other Devoteas. I could totally drink this one again. I've said that for practically all of...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 607 tasting notes
  • “Home from the gig, desiring something bold & strong, so I made a cup of this one, & again, it seems as if I have under-leafed it. It was tasty, but I still feel unsatisfied. Is it me?” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2483 tasting notes

From The Devotea

A blend made for drinking over a sugar cube held between the teeth, in the ancient Persian courtly style.

About The Devotea View company

I love the names that Devotea gives to their teas. TerriHarpLady was kind enough to share a lot of them with me.

I would, no joke, choke to death, if I tried to drink this while holding a sugar cube in my mouth. I am also not a huge fan of sweetening my straight blacks, so I tried this one straight.

It is delicious straight. It actually has some sweetness to it. I am finding it moderately bold, very smooth, slightly creamy, a bit of earthiness. There is no astringency. I definitely see this tea as an afternoon delight. I certainly could see it as a tea fit for a princess!

Robert Godden

I made a video about this at around the time I invented the tea. I have learnt a lot since. And found the right sugar. But here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojjM-jPSTiY

Robert Godden

Oh, and thanks for the review. By coincidence, I am drinking Persian Princess myself this morning. (Blended up ten kilos yesterday, so this is quality control. It’s a hard life)

Terri HarpLady

Yay!! So glad you like this one Lala!! I am sending the last bit of it to Sil, & I’m sure I’ll have to get more.
Robert, love the video, LOL.

Kicking my day off with this tea as it says it is a strong blend. Let me tell you I NEED that this morning. We had to leave the house much earlier than usual…twenty minutes to be exact. Twenty precious minutes where I could have been sleeping. ;) So this tea is needed this morning! It smells bold and rich. First sip offered a nice kick to the system and my taste buds. This certainly is a hearty tea even if Princess is in the name. I like it.

ScottTeaMan

Did you buy samples, or a tin?

The Purrfect Cup

I bought Lord Petersham and Finbarr’s Revenge as larger packets. But they were good enough to send me this and a few others as samples. I plan to do a blog review of all of them very soon.

ScottTeaMan

Look forward to it!

I love how savory this one is, yet it’s not hair-rising or hard to drink at all, smooth like all the other Devoteas. I could totally drink this one again. I’ve said that for practically all of the ones in the sampler I’ve tried! I have enough to try it again some time with a raw sugarcube, but without it’s just dandy.

Thanks for your comment.
Persian Princess is a tea from our original collection and it was the tea involved in my favourite review of any we’ve had. It’s just a lovely piece: http://internationalteamoment.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/persian-princess-moment.html
I think the blog is worth a read, but then I’m biased!

Is it me?

AmazonV

Oh no :( I make it with 2g per 8oz for 4 minutes – sorry it isn’t being bold and sassy for you :(

Robert Godden

The interesting thing about The Princess is that slight greenness that is almost on the tip of your tongue. A Princess can be bold, but also should exhibit some youthful liveliness.

Terri HarpLady

I’m pretty sure it was me, not the tea.

Like a lot of the Devotea’s teas I’ve tried, this had the same malty underpinning with a smooth – almost floral – delivery. This, more so, though. Likely to match its namesake. Not quite as robust as the 1910, but a little more refined than Finbarr’s Revenge. This one’s a sneaky mistress.

Full Review: http://lazyliteratus.teatra.de/2012/06/20/the-revenge-of-finbarrs-persian-princess-in-1910/

Just a warning to those who love this tea:
@The_Devotea_USA / @The_Devotea teas are on the firing line http://thedevotea.teatra.de/2014/02/24/im-sorry-let-you-go/

Liquorice White Tea, TWO TIGERS, PERSIAN PRINCESS

TeaBrat

oh no, I should have tried it when I had the chance!

__Morgana__

Wow, sounds like a lay off lol.

AmazonV

it sort of is a layoff, taking the under performers to streamline and maybe make room for new hits. There is an attempt right now to #SaveThePrincess and Robert and I still have some in stock and could save one or two if they are near and dear to anyone.

A note from The Devotea, creators of this tea.
When word got around that we were considering dropping this tea, we started hearing from a lot of fans, including this blogger: http://networkedblogs.com/Uffc9
Please let us know what you think: you can email me directly on [email protected] or comment here.
We value the thoughts of the Steepster community!