Two Tigers

Edit tea info Last updated by Robert Godden
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “A nice blend of some of my most favorite tea varietals. The rich earthiness of Yunnan first presents itself, followed by the boldness of Assam. What I love about this cup is the way that I can...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2475 tasting notes
  • “Another one from *Terri HarpLady*. This one is pretty good. I anticipated it to be a bit stronger tea based on the title. I would say it is mild to moderately bold. It is thick, creamy, and...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “Fitting considering I spent last night watching, among other things, a documentary on tigers (while my little black cat snuggled on my blanketed stomach no less) and today's Valentine's Day (also...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 605 tasting notes
  • “Wow if the 1910 English Breakfast eases you into your day this tea will roundhouse kick you in the face to get your day going! I mean that is the best way possible too! It's a very strong blend of...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From The Devotea

A blend of Indian and Chinese teas. Nice and strong. Available from all three The Devotea distribution centres (AU, US, UK)via www.the-devotea.com

About The Devotea View company

A nice blend of some of my most favorite tea varietals. The rich earthiness of Yunnan first presents itself, followed by the boldness of Assam. What I love about this cup is the way that I can taste them both separately & together.

What a lovely comment!

Another one from Terri HarpLady.

This one is pretty good. I anticipated it to be a bit stronger tea based on the title. I would say it is mild to moderately bold. It is thick, creamy, and smooth. There is a very slight sweetness to the tea. I am getting a metallic tinge in the aftertaste but it is not unpleasant. Given the name two tigers, I feel like this tea is actually two different teas. The first half of the sip is very gentle, it is the smooth and creamy part. The last bit of the sip has a very small bite to it, more like a nip. Slightly rough, with a bit more boldness and with the metallic tinge. To give it a ridiculous metaphor, it is like the first part of the tea is the gentle loving mother tiger, who is nursing her baby. The second half of the sip is the baby tiger starting to get curious about its surroundings, wobbly on its feet, and has to have your constant attention at all times- ridiculous, I know :)

It becomes much more creamy as it cools.

Robert Godden

I like your metaphor. Here at the Devotea, we shall probably repeat it a good few times. Glad you enjoyed it.

Fitting considering I spent last night watching, among other things, a documentary on tigers (while my little black cat snuggled on my blanketed stomach no less) and today’s Valentine’s Day (also Lupercalia and the full moon, woot). Just like the other Devotea blends I’ve tried, smooth as all get out while still full of deep black tea flavor. No trace of bitterness here. Agree with some other reviews about there being an earthy minerality, but it’s never funky because much like Finbarr’s Revenge everything stays very clean tasting as well. I get the smoothness and depth of the Chinese tea at the front, and the Indian qualities come out at the back, as it cools. Surprisingly friendly brew, probably a lot more pleasant going down than actually encountering two tigers, one from China and one from India, ambushing you! It did get me wired though, more than the others for some reason.

Now to go prepare for Valentine’s Day festivities. Dorkily enough we’re going to the museum a couple blocks from our house to participate in the Internet Cat Video Festival, ha.

Cavocorax

That sounds really fun!

Robert Godden

Thanks for allowing our tea to share a snippet of your life. That’s my favourite kind of drinker review!

Wow if the 1910 English Breakfast eases you into your day this tea will roundhouse kick you in the face to get your day going! I mean that is the best way possible too! It’s a very strong blend of teas that is very rich and full bodied. A good strong cup of get up and go! So go get up and get some.

Thanks, Nicole, for the sample of this you brought to the NYC meetup at the beginning of August. I brewed this a bit light (2.10 cupweight acc. to Upton tea scale, 14 oz boiling water) for three minutes and got a tea that was light but flavorful. I have rarely enjoyed drinking a strong black tea without milk as much as I’m enjoying this cup. Fragrant, almost Earl Greyish/smoky quality seems to be the Indian side; earthy, minerally depth from the Chinese side. Interesting conversation between the two; somehow it reminds me of the sweetness you can sense in hay and wood.

Robert Godden

Thank you for your kind words ( Robert from The Devotea)

Orange Tiger
Mix
4 Parts chilled Two Tigers
1 part Contreau
1 part Simple syrup

Whoa, I have to echo the Purrfect Cup here that this is a “kick you in the face” kind of a morning tea.

When I first sipped this I thought I detected a smoky note so I’m curious, is there any keemun in here or is it my imagination? Bold, saucy and malty notes are contributed by the assam and spicy, peppery notes by the yunnan, this is practically a meal in itself! I am a wimp, I drank this with soymilk but that is how I drink a lot of my breakfast teas. You could drink this plain, there isn’t a lot of astringency in the cup. Might try it for 3 minutes next time.

I love black tea blends and I haven’t been disappointed with any of the Devotea’s so far. They are discontinuing this blend so you might want to act soon if you intend to try it. :)

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Robert Godden

Glad you liked it. It’s an odd thing to have a blend that hardy anyone buys, yet every reviewer loves.

TeaBrat

Is there keemun in there? Hey I bought 2 oz. :-P

Nicole

I have not had any of this yet, but I love the name. And the reviews make me want to try it. Guess I’ll have to make an order soon. :)