2012 EOT QiShengGu

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Insence&Tea

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This tea was the sample I received from EOT with my mom’s purchase. I will be using 6 grams in 4oz of water. Dry smell: The dry smell is nice. It has a sweetness to it but also a dark, deep...” Read full tasting note
    OkmOkm 58 tasting notes

From The Essence of Tea

Located on the Lincang/Simao border, QiShengGu is a real village with a fictional name. We were asked not to reveal the real location of this village in order to prevent it becoming spoiled by too many people turning up there to buy the tea. The village is surrounded by ancient tea trees averaging around 400-500 years old. This tea is produced entirely from these trees. These leaves were picked in early Spring – the first flush of the year. Combined with the drought this year, the leaves of this tea are small, with a high concentration of buds. The tea is completely handprocessed, sun dried as maocha, stone pressed, then allowed dry naturally.

The tea is pure and fresh, with a quick sweetness and long aftertaste. The bitterness is well balanced, enough to convey the strength of the tea, but pleasant to drink now. The mouth and throat are comfortable and coated by the oily, thick tea. The tea is active in the mouth, transforming as the flavour lingers in the mouth.

About The Essence of Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Dry smell: The dry smell is nice. It has a sweetness to it but also a dark, deep aspect. It reminds me a lot of the dragonwell from teavivre. It smells very much like green tea.

Taste: Surprisingly, there is no bitterness from such a young sheng puerh. It doesn’t have the crispness of a young green but has a lot of the vegetal flavors. It is slightly darker than a green and has a smoky taste

Wet smell: Very vegetal, not nearly as sweet, like string beans

Qi: There is vey little qi present if any at all. So far the only tea I have tried that has a noticeable qi is the 2011 mansai so I don’t have much to compare to, but it does not have nearly the same feeling.

Mouthfeel: This tea is very smooth. It seems to glide all the way from first sip to the swallow. It leaves no dryness at all like some other teas do. It has some thickness but not nearly as much as the 2011 mansai. The aftertaste is very nice, sweet, and vegetal. It also lasts for much longer than any other tea I have tried.