Caramel Cider Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

From The Green Teahouse

Apple, orange peel, masala spices, caramel bits, black tea, and rooibos come together to make a succulent blend that tastes like mulled apple cider.

Steeping instructions: 2 teaspoons/8 oz water at 212 F for 3 minutes. For iced tea, use 2 teaspoons/8 oz cold water and let steep in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.

About The Green Teahouse View company

This tea is definitely a winner. The smell after brewing is solidly caramel. And not that cheap fake stuff either. This smells like that english toffee that you bite into and it drips all over your chin in the best and messiest way ever. (Sssh, Aisling, I already know what you’re going to say so nyah :P )

First sips definitely had a nice caramel flavour, with some backhint of chai like spices. The tea was a little light on flavour for me, so I added some sugar to see what that’d do to the tea. And wow, there was the flavour that I’d been looking for. Caramel and spice notes and just a slight underhint of apple and damn is this tea a winner. Maybe a little out of season since it feels like the middle of summer outside right now despite it being March, but mmmm I do love it!

Edited to add: They call this a black but it really is a rooibos with black added. There is no way I’d call this a black tea.

This tea is delicious. With honey it’s like a dessert, sweet and spicy!