Upcountry Maui Blend

Cinnamon Bark, Hibiscus Blossoms, Lemongrass, Passion Flower, Rose Hips
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by CharlotteZero
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “My mother and stepfather just got back from Hawaii on Wednesday. I asked them to keep an eye out for any Hawaiian Tea while they were there, but this is the only one my mother came across. (I...” Read full tasting note
    CharlotteZero 372 tasting notes
  • “Apparently it's a bit of a CharlotteZero night today. This is another one that i begged her to try, mostly because it's from HAWAII and well the likelihood of me getting to try many things from...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5351 tasting notes

From The Hawaiian Tea Company

Product description not available yet.

About The Hawaiian Tea Company View company

My mother and stepfather just got back from Hawaii on Wednesday. I asked them to keep an eye out for any Hawaiian Tea while they were there, but this is the only one my mother came across. (I also got two jars of honey and a bunch of macadamia nut foodstuffs, so I’m not complaining!)

I usually don’t like anything with hibiscus, and this is no exception. It reminds me somewhat of the one hibiscus tea I do like (Tazo’s Passion Tea), but it doesn’t have enough sweet fruitiness to balance out the sour of the hibiscus, rosehips, and the lemongrass. This is going up on the swap thread to give away…

Haha. I definitely just published this note and then immediately changed my mind. I’m going to keep this and give away the Tazo. I’m liking the non-sweetness of this as it cools, and I think it would be great with some orange slices to give it a touch of sweetness. Also, these teabags are a much more convenient size for me, as it is doubtful I will ever want to drink the 2 quarts of tea the Tazo bags make.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Apparently it’s a bit of a CharlotteZero night today. This is another one that i begged her to try, mostly because it’s from HAWAII and well the likelihood of me getting to try many things from places far away is slim. I’m super glad that i did now. This is a really tasty non caffeine blend. I’m trying to finally take 5 mins to relax before bed and this is helping a great deal. I just wish i could place the smell. it reminds me SOOOOO strongly of something…except when i think about what, it slips away from me.

I could’t tell you what this tastes like either tonight. it’s fresh and fruity and just downright exactly what i needed right now. And it’s a marked difference from my other tea that i’m drinking which makes me giggle..though i couldn’t tell you why.