Black Fruit Blend
Cloves, Fireplace, Lemon, Orange, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Here's another tea I got from the Jasmine Pearl Tea Merchants. This tea sounded very intriguing to me... a smoky dark blend with orange and spice. I would say the predominate black here is the...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2466 tasting notes
  • “I get a little worried when there's Lapsang Souchong in blends because it can be completely overpowering. Thankfully it's used sparingly in this blend with just a hint of smokiness in the back of...” Read full tasting note
    cookies 98 tasting notes

From The Jasmine Pearl Tea Merchants

Caravan black tea was created with the strong, smokey Russian tea blends in mind. We have blended smokey Lapsang Souchong, dynamic Keemun, spicy cloves, and citrus. It brews a strong tea with lots of flavor; not for the faint of heart.
Ingredients:

Keemun Black Tea, Rosehips, Orange Zest, Yunnan Black Tea*, Ceylon Black Tea*, Clove, Lemon Myrtle, Lapsang Souchong Black Tea*, Natural Citrus Essential Oils.

*Organically Grown.

About The Jasmine Pearl Tea Merchants View company

Here’s another tea I got from the Jasmine Pearl Tea Merchants.

This tea sounded very intriguing to me… a smoky dark blend with orange and spice. I would say the predominate black here is the keemun, along with a bit of lapsang. Then I am picking up the orange, clove and lemon… the rose is very faint. It is a bit like a chai but with more smoke and more citrus. I like this a lot better than I thought I would, it is very warming on a chilly night — especially since the heat is still not on here at full force.

This is yummy afternoon/evening tea that is really good! I like this blend.

Terri HarpLady

Oooh, that does sound interesting! And I’m with you on preferring to hang with people you care about & staying healthy!

Claire

Sounds like me, Amy! I spend most Fridays either doing school work or at home relaxing.

Terri HarpLady

If I’m not playing a gig, I’m usually in my PJs at Tony’s house.

Nicole

That sounds like something my mom would like. She likes some of the smokey teas, orange and cloves. Not a big fan of rose, but if it is faint… onto the list it goes!

TeaBrat

I like it Nicole.

I get a little worried when there’s Lapsang Souchong in blends because it can be completely overpowering. Thankfully it’s used sparingly in this blend with just a hint of smokiness in the back of the sip. The star flavors here are clove and orange. With the lemon myrtle and bergamot adding a bit of brightness. It tastes like Christmas to me, I can’t wait to serve this around the holidays. I usually don’t add sugar or milk to my teas, but I think I’m going to try with this one, I bet it would be delicious. I also have to add that I love when you can see the flavoring in teas. There are full cloves in here, big chunks of orange peel and pieces lemon myrtle. It’s lovely looking.

I brewed for 3 minutes at 200º but next time I’ll go for 4, it could stand to be a bit stronger.

Flavors: Cloves, Fireplace, Lemon, Orange, Smoke