Black Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “Tea of the morning here. My general feeling on chocolate teas is that they leave a lot to be desired, especially if you are expecting them to taste like hot chocolate. This is a nice blend of...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2469 tasting notes
  • “Slight cocoa fragrance, faintly chocolatey flavor. It's a great ingredient list but the flavor doesn't live up to expectations. I would not describe this as having surprising depth and body, even...” Read full tasting note
    Jude 97 tasting notes

From The Jasmine Pearl Tea Merchants

Cocoa Deluxe black tea will bring satisfaction to those seeking a truly chocolaty tea. Puerh, vanilla black tea, cacao nibs, and carob combine to brew up a chocolate delight with surprising depth and body. Great with milk and sugar.
Ingredients:

Chinese Black Tea, Cacao*, Carob*, Natural Flavors.

*Organically Grown.

About The Jasmine Pearl Tea Merchants View company

Tea of the morning here.

This is a nice blend of black tea, pu’erh, carob and chocolate. I believe there is some vanilla flavoring in here too. It’s mildly chocolate-y and has a bit of heft. I like the fact that they decided to put pu’erh in here which gives the tea a nice added dimension. I am not blown away by it, but I do like it. It’s nice with some vanilla soymilk added in. Probably would be more appropriate as an afternoon/dessert tea. I’ll certainly finish off the bag happily.

Slight cocoa fragrance, faintly chocolatey flavor. It’s a great ingredient list but the flavor doesn’t live up to expectations. I would not describe this as having surprising depth and body, even after I added almond milk. I think this tea might be nice as a low-key flavoring element for a fuller bodied puerh.