creme d'orange green and white

Fruit Green White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Hallieod

1 Tasting Note View all

• “The ingredient list is a bit odd - not sure what "China Sencha" is, for one thing. But this is a nice tea all the same. Smells just like creamsicle in the tin, sweetly creamy and vanilla-orangey!...” Read full tasting note
    Hallieod 73 tasting notes

From The Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Company

Crème D’Orange Green and White Tea. This super new Tea is a premium blend of Green Teas and White Teas with the lovely flavours of fresh Oranges and Vanilla. To this we add deep red rose buds, bright carrot shreds and golden orange triangles which help to make this tea very bright and tasty. Ingredients: China Sencha, Lung Ching, Yunnan, Pai Mu Tan, Natural flavouring, Rose buds, Orange triangles, Carrot shreds.

About The Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Company View company

1 Tasting Note

The ingredient list is a bit odd – not sure what “China Sencha” is, for one thing. But this is a nice tea all the same. Smells just like creamsicle in the tin, sweetly creamy and vanilla-orangey! And it is a pretty tea, if not quite as elegant as the picture on the website would suggest. That may be a good thing though, as a piece of orange that big and full of peel might add a bitterness the tea doesn’t have at all. Taste is more flavoured green tea than creamsicle, which is a good thing, and it’s a nice smooth tea base, whatever it is. Still doesn’t taste quite as good as it smells, though it’s very tasty. I’ll keep experimenting, and will be reordering when I finish the small size order I got first.

cteresa

I got a few chinese sencha based teas. I think it is sencha like tea but not made in Japan and as such cheaper. I am a bit divided about it, some chinese sencha is not so nice, BUT I am a peasant who often thinks japanese teas are too oceanic (that is fishy or seaweedy. really)

Hallieod

Interesting – the kind of naming the EU would clamp down on instantly, by the sound of it! I’ll have to have a root through my Jane Pettigrew and see if she mentions any Chinese senchas. I will definitely be looking out for fish and/or seaweed notes in my next sencha drinking. :)

cteresa

There is a pretty precious tea shop in Portugal which specializes on japanese teas and they describe sometimes some teas as having seaweed notes which is truly offputting (though why? spinach note is almost a cliché for some chinese greens).

About denominations, I dunno! I think sencha might also be the type of tea, or if it´s steamed or roasted or whatever…