The London Cuppa

Edit tea info Last updated by JamesonFremont

• “A review of The London Cuppa by The London Cuppa I am very happy to still have a few tea bags of this tea remaining. I have yet to visit British Delights to obtain more. I always turn to this...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes
  • “I've seen this one before in TJ Maxx and have been so tempted to buy it, but told myself to wait until I got my tea cupboard under control. I was so excited when *Serenity* sent me a sample to...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Ruth!!! :) This doesn't have a scent but I really must point out that it steeps/infuses VERY quickly but it also is very forgiving. I think I infused for about 6 minutes. It has a nice...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “For some reason this tea and I did not get along today! Perhaps it was because it was in the presence of such masterful teas as Golden Monkey and Hao Ya A. This is made DAILY at my house by one...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1848 tasting notes

From The London Cuppa

London Cuppa tea is specially selected and blended in London, England. Tea remains a universal part our daily lives with more cups of the wonderful brew being drunk in London than any other city in the world.

We’ve searched for the highest quality leaves from Kenya and Assam; these have been blended to produce a robust, deep, rich flavor which is ideal to enjoy all day, everyday. Once blended, it’s packed to maintain freshness.

About The London Cuppa View company

A review of The London Cuppa by The London Cuppa

I always turn to this tea when doing chores around the house. I should call this my house chores cup of tea.

I boil water very hot, piping hot in fact and having placed one tea bag in my mug, I pour the hot water into the cup. I leave it to steep for five minutes, longer yet since I am cleaning. After some time passes, I take my tea to sip as I go around doing things. It is hot and a dark amber in color. The tea is very malty and smooth, making for a round-bodied cup of tea.

This tea is great for standing on own or with milk and sugar but always have it piping hot. I am grateful, thank you!

gmathis

I think I’ve seen this brand at our TJ Maxx … never know what’s going to be on their shelves.

I’ve seen this one before in TJ Maxx and have been so tempted to buy it, but told myself to wait until I got my tea cupboard under control. I was so excited when Serenity sent me a sample to try! These little teabags are so convenient, especially for the first cup of the day. This teabag smells of sweet and malty black tea. The tea itself has a strong black tea aroma with a hint of sweet honey. I steeped this tea for 3 minutes, and it was still a very dark brown color with a slight bitterness in the flavor. This tea absolutely needs milk and sugar added, and it becomes a rich and smooth cup. This is a nice, strong black tea and does very well for that first cup of the day. I think I do prefer PG Tips to this one, however, but that may just be out of sheer habit.

-Round white teabag without a string.
-Teabag smells of sweet and malty black tea. Tea liquor aroma is of strong black tea with a hint of honey.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy very dark brown color.
-Robust flavor with a slightly bitter finish. Malty aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Good tea. Becomes a rich and smooth cup with milk and sweetener.

Thanks Ruth!!! :)

This doesn’t have a scent but I really must point out that it steeps/infuses VERY quickly but it also is very forgiving. I think I infused for about 6 minutes. It has a nice flat Medium Strength Black Tea taste. No aftertaste. A great go-to or stand-by cuppa!

Soooooo glad I got to try this!!! :)

seule771

In agreement with description “A great go-to or stand-by cuppa!”. Kudos.

For some reason this tea and I did not get along today! Perhaps it was because it was in the presence of such masterful teas as Golden Monkey and Hao Ya A. This is made DAILY at my house by one of my daughters, but I almost never drink it. I have seen it referred to as a premium tea in a review on a certain website that sells everything under the sun, but it isn’t premium in the way that Harnye’s Golden Monkey is premium.

Boiling

This is a blend of Assam and Kenyan teas which come in a round tea bag, but don’t let this fool you into believing that they will taste like Tetley’s (no offence to the Tetley drinkers, I once heavily enjoyed their green tea!). This tea really surprised me. When I drank the Yorkshire Tea from ToH, I remember saying that it was the smoothest I have drank. Well London Cuppa resepctfully disagrees with that statement. Not only is it velvety, it is also slightly creamier than other teas I have drank. I have to try it without sugar next time, but I think I’m sensing some notes of honey, and that might be part of what makes this tea so full bodied and rich in texture. Also it has less of that wood/straw characteristic that the Yorkshire Tea has, but has a slight touch of briskness to it.

ashmanra

This is just about the only tea my middle daughter will drink and she has a pot every school day while she does her Algebra lesson. We used to be able to find it loose leaf, but haven’t seen it that way in a long time.

zeitfliesst

ashmanra//I can understand why she would not feel the need for any other tea, because this one is so good! I have seen it in loose leaf form where I purchased mine, but I just got the tea bags because I imagined there wouldn’t be a noticable difference.

I think I’ve been steeping it wrongly the past few times, and the flavor hasn’t quite held up to the place it once had in my heart. I’m going to try steeping it more carefully next time.

I love this tea! It’s a great tasting black tea meant for any time drinking. I brewed it rather strong & it was fine. I even left it sitting on the teawarmer with the teabags still in the pot & it didn’t get bitter. It only got better.

Definitely a great tea to keep on hand for when you are in a hurry & don’t feel like measuring out tea leaves or cleaning up a mess.

This is what I call one of my “everyday teas”. A perfect morning blend; a very robust tea with lots of body, that takes well to milk. It is a smooth tasting blend of Assam and Kenya teas in convenient round teabags.

I found this for cheap while wandering around Marshalls. Having never seen it before, I thought it must be some cheap tea dressed up to appeal to tourists in London and gullible American anglophiles. Well, I am a gullible American anglophile, and since loose tea is generally hard to come by in the wild around these parts, I snatched a tin up.

I opened it and was initially horrified. I love loose tea, but I am used to ordering higher quality stuff off the internet, and the brown micro-particles of tea leaf looked more like dollar store instant coffee than what I recognize as loose tea.

It was a beautiful late spring morning and life was already unbearably irritating. I figured that it at least contained caffeine, so I dumped two and three quarter teaspoons into my 16 oz pot and kept my expectations lowered.

It brewed up quickly and very darkly. I poured from pot to mug, and added more milk than usual, probably over an ounce. I steeled my taste buds, blew over the rim of the cup and sipped.

And. . . I enjoyed it, to my surprise. I felt guilty for judging it so harshly based on its initial appearance, like some sort of tea snob. Nice and malty, with suprisingly minimal astringincy. Quite smooth. Milk really compliments it, if milk in tea is your thing, but I kind of want to try it iced.

I have yet to make a bad cup of this tea. Tasty with a splash of milk, this is my latest go-to tea. I am breezing through the box of 80 teabags