Keemun Mao Feng

Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From The London Tea Room

Malty brown sugar notes just like a Keemun should, from a medium bodied Chinese black tea made famous by the insatiable, shameless British black tea appetite in the 19th century.

About The London Tea Room View company

I guess I’m in a Keemun mood today!
Maybe because it’s a satisfying no-nonsense type of tea that I can just make a cup or pot of & enjoy, without too much effort.
Yeah, I think that might be it!

“I guess I’m in a Keemun mood today!” “… it’s a satisfying no-nonsense type of tea …” I completely understand!

Dag Wedin

How do you brew this? I’ve heard up to 7 minutes and being shy on leaf.

I think that’s why Keemuns are my favorite! They are dependable, like a nice comfy warm sweater.

I looooove Keemuns too

Let’s start the Keemun Admiration Society! :D

Terri HarpLady

LooseT – I’ll have to check that out later!
Dag – With this one I used 1 tsp to 8oz X 4min, however, with teavivre’s hao ya, I used 2 tsp + 8oz X 2min. I also drank butiki’s congou keemun @ 2 tsp + 8oz X 3. They were all delicious, but for the day, I enjoyed the teavivre version the most.

Terri sent more of this my way and I think i love it a little more than the first time. Bumping the rating up a bit but i am going to pass the rest of this on to someone who hasn’t had a chance to try it. Sharing is caring! This + maple made my day when we went out to the nerd store to pick up a game!

Which game?

Yes, which game did you get??!

Terra Mystica it’s been out of stock for a few weeks now

That looks like a fun one.

Oooh. Neat!

we’ve looked at it a few times but never bought it because of the all the components…a lot of our friends won’t play games that take longer than 3 mins to set up. But we played it while down in florida and love it…and since it can be played two player, we said go for it! there’s another card game we played as well that i’m going to try and have printed that you and your other half may enjoy as well cavo.

cheri – i uh..have a LOT of board games.. lol

It can? That’s pretty awesome. J’s not into fantasy settings a lot, but the detail of the different races sounds pretty intriguing. And it’s not luck based I guess? Also a good thing.

We have several, but not all that many compared to my sister and brother-in-law.

Terri HarpLady

My new favorite game is cards against humanity

70+ games at my place, if you count things like dominion and it’s expansions as one game.

This is generous sample from Terri HarpLady – thank you.
This tea is bold strong malty with lotsa smoke which is fine . i tamed it with Maple syrup teeny tiny amount. thats the magic (Sil and Terri introduced me to maple syrup style drinking smoky teas) it tastes very good. very pleasant afternoon tea.
Thank you Terri for the opportunity to try this tea.

so maple syrup takes some of the smokiness out of tea?

This morning, courtesy of Terri HarpLady, I’m very pleased to review Keemun Mao Feng by London Tea Room, St. Louis, MO, Western style: 8 oz. / 1 tsp (3g) / 212*F / 4 min. without sweeteners, milk, or cream.

Leaf: Thin twisted mostly dark chocolate-brown leaves mostly

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

How about that? Sil told me to try this because it’s good, and I tried it, and it was! It’s good! It’s got a nice bit of sweetness and a nice bit of smoke, balanced wonderfully.

Terri HarpLady

So, Sil is sending all the samples I sent to her to you? LOL, that’s one way to rack up the sipdowns! :D

Terri – where there was enough for me to have 2 cups or 1 sil sized cup AND have some left over, then Cavo gets to try it too since she has been my recent tea buying buddy lol. if there was only enough for a sil sized cup…. she did not get to try them haha

Hahaha. And that’s totally fair. :) I appreciate what I get, and now that I’ve dropped my numbers a little bit, I feel I can relax a bit more and savour each cup properly. Phew.

Oh, you know my policy, right? “Share the Love!” :D