Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

From The London Tea Room

Our own proprietary blend of smoky organic black teas and bergamot resulting in a dignified blend that we named after our very dignified leader Mr. Churchill.

About The London Tea Room View company

What was I thinking?
Oh, who knows…
I haven’t been a big fan of bergamot or smokey teas in the past, but have recently started enjoying ‘some’ of them.
It started with The Tea Spot’s Earl of Grey. I bought a little for Tony to sample, & although it didn’t really thrill him, I enjoyed it! It has a lemony pastry quality & is delicious.
I started enjoying some of roasty oolongs I was getting from Verdant. Not the same as smokey, but kind of opening the door in that direction.
Then I got into drinking some Keemun from the LTR, that has a nice smokey character to it. I also noticed with some smokey teas, a little sweetening gives that smoke a caramelized taste, which I like.

So then I went off the deep end & bought some of THIS!
It’s basically a smokey tea with an earl grey addition. I’m not really sure how I feel about it, to be honest, but I’m trying to go through some of my flavored teas. It is, of course, a tribute to Winston Churchill, who smoked cigars & drank watered down whiskey. He was known for his wittiness, and here is my favorite quote:

Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): “Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your tea.”

Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): “Madam, if I were your husband … I’d drink it.”

He was not a tea drinker.

sipdown! (201) i had a cup of this yesterday and another earlier this afternoon… tooo much bergamot for me. but i do like the smokiness with this one. :) Thanks terri!

Another from TeaboxB! thanks again everyone! I’ve never heard of a smoky bergamot… it honestly didn’t sound very good but I had to try it. It’s actually perfect. One teaspoon at four minutes… yep, perfect. The base is the perfect strength. There are equal parts smoke and bergamot. A nice smoke and a nice citrusy bergamot. It’s very intriguing! I know many people can’t take their bergamot and they can’t take their smoky teas. But I like both! And I can’t believe both aspects are done this well. I might sneak this from the teabox.