Dutch Licorice Flavoured Rooibos Tea

Aniseed, Natural Flavours, Rooibos, Sunflower Petals
Anise, Cinnamon, Licorice, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina
205 °F / 96 °C 7 oz / 207 ml

• “Oh my god. I got a sample of this today and I am in love. This is one of the nicest licorice flavoured teas I've ever had. The woodiness of the rooibos compliments and mellows the intensity of the...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 174 tasting notes

From The Metropolitan Tea Company, Ltd

Country of Origin: South Africa
Region: Cederberg
Shipping Port: Cape Town
Grade: Choice Grade #1
Altitude: 1500 – 2500 feet above sea level
Manufacturer Type: Fermentation turns the leaves from green to deep red and gives a slightly sweet note.
Cup Characteristics: Memories of Amsterdam as aniseed imparts a sweet candy-like pungency on tangy licorice.
Infusions: Reddish orange to full color (depends on brewing time and quantity used)
Ingredients: Luxury rooibos, Aniseed, Sunflower petals, Natural flavors

About The Metropolitan Tea Company, Ltd View company

Oh my god. I got a sample of this today and I am in love. This is one of the nicest licorice flavoured teas I’ve ever had. The woodiness of the rooibos compliments and mellows the intensity of the licorice perfectly. It’s very mildly sweet, but much drier than most other licorice/anise teas.

I’m also very delighted by the new synesthetic experience from this tea. This tastes like a greyish shade of cornflower blue, which is a colour I’ve never tasted before. The synesthesia adds lots of extra dimension to the tea experience.

I will definitely be getting this for my cupboard.

Flavors: Anise, Cinnamon, Licorice, Wood