Volcano Flower Burst Artisan Tea

Region: Yunnan Province
Shipping Port: Shenzhen
Grade: Artisan Handcrafted Tea
Altitude: 1500’ – 3000’ feet above sea level
Manufacturer Type: Handmade and hand tied.
Cup Characteristics: Exceptional combination of hibiscus and premium green tea. Refreshing and cleansing reminiscent of light lemon.
Infusions: Light with reddish hue
Ingredients: Luxury green tea, Amaranth, Hibiscus & Lavender blossoms

About The Metropolitan Tea Company, Ltd View company

Daughter and mother tea party, Volcano Flower Burst and turkey sandwiches…FUN! The resultant tea was pleasant with a lemon taste to it. Nothing better than watching your tea grow before your eyes in a pretty clear glass teapot.

Sipdown (169/171)!

Home from work it feels odd to be home this early, and I decided to take advantage of the fact that the only cold brews I currently have going are vodka shots. So I took my empty mason jar and made a pretty flowering tea!

Last time I had this one, I don’t remember being impressed with the aesthetics of the bloom – but maybe I just had a crappy bloom because this one is really pretty! It had a fair bit of colour to it, and the tea liquor itself has steeped up into this very pretty “blush pink” from the hibiscus.

The tea flavour? Well, it’s still pretty much very light hibiscus and a more vegetal “leaf” kinda flavour – which isn’t the best combo for me personally. That makes it easier to let go of this one. I think I’ll have to go back to McQuarries sooner than later though to nab a few more blooms to experiment with though; they’ve got a pretty fair variety to choose from.

I hope both Cavocorax and VariaTEA have success with this one!

Also I’m going to plunk this adorable video of fancy rats doing cool tricks, for anyone interested. It’s super cute! Although, it’s really making me miss my fancy rat, Eloise. I didn’t write about it when it happened because I was really upset, but she passed away about a week ago. It wasn’t totally unexpected because she’d been sick for a long time, but it still wasn’t easy.

I especially like “Famous” – she’s just really precious, and her little beady red eyes are too freakin’ cute!

Courtney