Menthe Soleil Flower Tea

Flowering Green Herbal Blend
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Uniquity

• “Second steep lacked the nice floral sweetness and green tea flavour I felt I experienced in the first, but it did reveal that mint! Not strong...mild enough for even the beau to enjoy, but I liked...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 674 tasting notes
  • “So like I've mentioned in a few notes tonight; I took a spontaneous trip to McQuarrie's Tea and Coffee Merchants tonight after work... And a broke hiatus. But it's ok, really! I can afford to...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1169 tasting notes

From The Metropolitan Tea Company

Origin: China – Yunnan Province
Ingredients: Luxury Green Tea, Amaranth + Marigold Blossoms, Mint Leaves

Place 1 pod in a 3-4 cup glass teapot. Gently add boiling water. Watch delicious tea art unfold.

In Mythology, the god Pluto became enamoured with a nymph named Mintha. So passionate was his scandalous love, he completely ignored his wife. So passionate was his wife’s anger, she turned young Mintha into a plant. As the minty highlights pass your tongue, ponder scandalous forbidden love.

About The Metropolitan Tea Company View company

Second steep lacked the nice floral sweetness and green tea flavour I felt I experienced in the first, but it did reveal that mint! Not strong…mild enough for even the beau to enjoy, but I liked it. Doesn’t seem nearly as good (quality-wise) as the Sawadeee blooming teas I have enjoyed, but these were a steal and definitely an enjoyable time. I don’t know if I will do a third steep as the bloom opened entirely on number one and isn’t really flavouring up as I might have hoped. We’ll see!

So like I’ve mentioned in a few notes tonight; I took a spontaneous trip to McQuarrie’s Tea and Coffee Merchants tonight after work… And a broke hiatus.

But it’s ok, really! I can afford to break hiatus (just can’t afford to go crazy), and I was reasonable with what I got. Since this wasn’t an especially planned trip, I just kind of looked around and picked out some things that seemed interesting. In the end, I got two different kinds of bloom teas (this one and a hibiscus one that’s supposed to be really pretty), two fruit blends for cold brewing, and a Passionfruit rooibos. I mean, c’mon, how could I resist the passionfruit!?

I know McQuarrie’s get a lot of their teas from Metropolitan Teas – but not all of them, so I carefully matched the names of some of the blends I got, the descriptions, and the ingredients so some of what I got is logged in my cupboard under the the Metropolitan equivalents (such as this one), but they aren’t all like that. I had to add a few to Steepster; the ones that aren’t sourced from MTC.

This one piqued my interest for sure; a mint flowering tea? Yes please! Reading the description, I’m even more intrigued. I love mythology; and this sounds like a myth a could get behind. I might look it up to see the proper thing, though. The tea description seems a little broken/simplified.

Taste wise; this is pretty nice. It’s definitely a very light mint but it is refreshing, and something I definitely didn’t struggle to finish 25 oz. of. The weaving floral notes were super interesting; I’m trying to think whether I’ve had a floral mint before, and I don’t think I have. But the combination worked!

As far as the aesthetics, because lets face it – that’s an important aspect to blooming teas, I felt they were a bit of a let down. The tea liquor was the very pretty, light green that just reminded me of mint from the colour alone. However, the bloom was pretty well colourless and very plain. Definitely the least pretty bloom I’ve ever had thus far. Next time I make this, I guess I’ll take a picture for the tea entry. I forgot to that this time around…

Flavors: Flowers