Scottish Caramel Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by teataku

• “Backlog from vacation: My cousins took me to Selah tea Cafe in Waterville, Maine. Went through two french presses of this as we sat and chatted for a few hours. Pretty good! Strong earthy...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “I don't often have a craving for this tea, but today, I did. I'm glad I was able to pull it out and brew it up right (because this tea done wrong is a travesty beyond words). When it's right,...” Read full tasting note
    teataku 184 tasting notes

From The Metropolitan Tea Company

The earthiness of pu-erh fuses with caramel, butterscotch and almond pieces.

About The Metropolitan Tea Company View company

Backlog from vacation:

My cousins took me to Selah tea Cafe in Waterville, Maine. Went through two french presses of this as we sat and chatted for a few hours. Pretty good! Strong earthy pu’erh base and a nice, creamy caramel flavor- not overly sweet or fake.

I like me some good Scottish toffee puerh :) hope your trip was fun!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

I did enjoy this tea! And I had a fantastic trip, although it was way too short. I ran, swam, kayaked, ate tons of lobster, and spent a ton of time with family. Good stuff all-around!

Terri HarpLady

What Sil said!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

You two are so in sync! :-)

I don’t often have a craving for this tea, but today, I did. I’m glad I was able to pull it out and brew it up right (because this tea done wrong is a travesty beyond words). When it’s right, it’s SO right…

The brew is very dark, typical for a pu-erh. The leaves have an almost smoky scent to them, but even in the dry leaf you can smell the caramel, which is not normally a strong scent. The almonds come out in the brew, where the smoky, woodsy flavor is kept more at bay by adding sugar (I’m not fond of having TOO strong of a pu-erh flavor, but that’s just my personal taste).

This was my first English Tea Room tea… and it will live in fame and glory for me. It was my first pu-erh, also, and thanks to its delicate but firmly convincing flavors, it will not be my last. :)