Oolong Tea
Corn Husk, Flowers, Honeydew, Peach, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by sherubtse

• “Tea like this is why I drink tea! I do favor darker oolongs more than light ones but come on! This is INSANELY good! I have written a long review for SororiTea Sisters site but let me just say...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Lots of honeyed sweetness in the liquor of this tea, along with more subtle flavours of caramel and peach. Very light and delicious. First infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz water, 90 deg., 2:00...” Read full tasting note
    sherubtse 70 tasting notes
  • “Each leaf is rolled into a roughly 1/4 inch pellet. Medium green color, with occasional brown stems; fresh, green oolong aroma. Infused, the aroma is like cooked asparagus, and the taste is...” Read full tasting note
    poikkeus 22 tasting notes
  • “Another sample by *Dr Jim* (thanks!) When I brewed this I immediately thought of asparagus! My husband said it smelled like brussels sprouts. Good thing I enjoy both of those. A light colored...” Read full tasting note
    linnaete 21 tasting notes

From The Mountain Tea co

Very well known among tea drinkers this semi-oxidized tea from the mountainous region of Nantou, Taiwan has a delightful flowery aroma, brisk flavor, smooth body, and fruity finish, all of which combine to make this a pantry stocker.

About The Mountain Tea co View company

Tea like this is why I drink tea!
I have written a long review for SororiTea Sisters site but let me just say YUMMMMMM!!
Here are some Sound Bites from my full length review:

A bit like a peach that is not quite ripe enough to be eaten yet but temping nonetheless. There is a subtle sweetness as well somewhat like honey but not cloying. A nutty note plays around but disappears quickly, lingering fresh asparagus, dandelion, and fresh flower notes prevail.

Things just slow down around you. I find myself not quite so annoyed by my doggies incessant barking at the neighbor’s dog, not quite so bothered by the television blasting noise from the other room, not quite so anxious. Through all that noise I rather am picking up on the birds chirping happily outside, the sun is steaming into the house more brightly, and I just feel peaceful.

Ohhhh Yes!! This is one of those teas that makes me realize how far I have come as a tea drinker.

Invader Zim

I think I just drooled a bit on the computer…

Azzrian

LOL I wish there were a LIKE button here!

Nicole

I was interested in this one but ended up getting others instead. I’ll have to put this on my list now.

Azzrian

As long as you got others you can’t go wrong with this company in my opinion!
For sure to get next time though :)

First infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz water, 90 deg., 2:00 min.

Second infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 4:00 min.

Third infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 10+ min.

Infused, the aroma is like cooked asparagus, and the taste is similar: healthful and satisfying. Clear, light/medium green liquor. Each pellet of Jade Oolong opens into a tip and two leaves. Surprisingly smooth body for this flavorful tea. An interesting “change of pace” tea.

Another sample by Dr Jim (thanks!)

A light colored oolong with a nice, delicate taste. The second steep was just as good as the first. A pretty good oolong in my book. Not the best I’ve had, but I enjoyed it!

The dry leaves are much larger than most other oolongs I have had, and unfurl into long twigs with several large, whole leaves on the majority of them. What oolong balls open up into almost always astounds me. I brewed this tea gongfu-style in a small porcelain teapot.
With this steeping, I got a faded dandelion-yellow color broth that had a simple, bakey aroma without too much apparent depth. While I’ve not had other Jade oolongs, this particular one seems at least very closely related to a medium-baked Muzha tiekuanyin. The taste at first seems relatively two-dimensional, but it has a light, pleasant astringency paired with a faint, almost honey-nut tone, along with a ubiquitous, slight herbaceous underscore.
I’m not particularly crazy about this tea, but I’d definitely recommend it for someone who likes lightly roasted tiekuanyins.

Tea #31 from Considering a new TTB
This is another company that I’ve been meaning to place an order with, Dr Jim introduced me to them in another TTB I was a part of last year and I fell in love with several of their teas. This is one I haven’t had a chance to try yet and ended up being exactly what I was looking for this morning. I’ve been craving something sweet and this has a sweetness to it that tastes almost like peaches. I may consider ordering some of this in the future, I really enjoyed it.

This was the first oolong I bought online. I got it because it was on sale for $7. i was surprised about the quality of this light and refreshing oolong. It smells like sweet corn and has crisp feeling that reminds me of that feeling when I bite into a fresh white peach.

Flavors: Corn Husk, Flowers, Honeydew, Peach, Tannin