Dark Roast TieGuanYin

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by poonanners

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I've been drinking this on and off at work for about a week now. This is *FANTASTIC*. It's dark and roasty, with out being in your face smoky. I don't what else to say about it. It's good,...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 581 tasting notes

From The Mountain Tea co

Smoky, sweet caramel and dark chocolate flavors were developed when this highly oxidized TieGuanYin was baked at a high temperature using a charcoal firing. A full, rich brew that delivers a full roasted infusion with solid notes of cinnamon and amber. Good for 5+ infusions.

Other names: Dark Roast Iron Goddess of Mercy, 重炭焙特級猴王鐵觀音

Water: 6 oz.; 200-212°F
Tea Leaves: 5 grams
Steep Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
Brewing Instructions
In a 6 oz. vessel, place 5 grams of tea and pour 205 degree water directly into the center of the cup. Steep for 2 minutes 30 seconds (more or less adjusted to your preference) on the initial brew, halving the time on the second brew, and then increasing that in increments of 30 seconds for subsequent brews. For lighter infusions, use hotter water and half the brew time.

Collections: Medium Oolong, Roasted Oolong, Tea
Type: Tea

About The Mountain Tea co View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve been drinking this on and off at work for about a week now. This is FANTASTIC.
It’s dark and roasty, with out being in your face smoky. I don’t what else to say about it. It’s good, really good – up there with the best of the best oolongs I’ve tried. This is probably my 2nd favorite dark oolong. (Not quite sure why, but the liquid is a bit purple – a hint of mauve – very unusual, pretty cool)
Thank you so much yyz for sending me this sample.

__Morgana__

Interesting about the mauve…

yyz

I opened this up because I thought it might be something you would enjoy trying. Now I have to try it.

Dexter3657

yyz – if you like dark roasty oolongs – you should try it. I love it – thank you so much!!!
Morgana – dunno – it’s has just a hint of purple/mauve tinge to it, I haven’t seen that before.