High Elevation Green

Green Tea
Asparagus, Fish Broth, Seaweed
Edit tea info Last updated by anodyne

• “Enjoying a cup of this tea thanks to *Azzrian* ... thank you for sending me some of this! This is really nice. It took me a few sips to sort of figure it out, because it is different from most...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4383 tasting notes
  • “I couldn't find this one in the steepster database so here we are. Thanks *Azzrian* This one is nice. It's a mellow-vegetal flavor with a naturally-saltiness almost. ” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Smells like pasta sauce.... the herbs in a red sauce that is and literally every time I smelll it I crave pasta and starch. Back to to the tea though it's a very light flavor (never goes bitter...” Read full tasting note
    Jiāng Luo 62 tasting notes
  • “First steep for 20s: Incredibly buttery and smooth. Very enjoyable. Second steep for 30s: Essentially the same, slightly sweeter. Third steep for 40s: Sweeter, but still very buttery, slightly...” Read full tasting note
    Kruppe 9 tasting notes

From The Mountain Tea co

While Taiwan is best known for its oolongs, its unique climate and terroir is actually perfect for making any style of tea. This rare Taiwanese green tea was plucked from the Qing Xin bush – a varietal bred for its buttery flavors, velvety mouthfeel, and strong floral notes.

About The Mountain Tea co View company

Enjoying a cup of this tea thanks to Azzrian … thank you for sending me some of this!

This is really nice. It took me a few sips to sort of figure it out, because it is different from most green teas … from the dry leaf – these leaves are HUGE! – to the flavor, it is softly vegetal, mostly buttery, and smooth. It has a very delicate flavor. Think a Silver Needle delicateness with the taste of a green tea rather than a white tea. That’s what I taste. It’s very refreshing and light. I like!

I couldn’t find this one in the steepster database so here we are.
Thanks Azzrian

This one is nice. It’s a mellow-vegetal flavor with a naturally-saltiness almost.

Smells like pasta sauce…. the herbs in a red sauce that is and literally every time I smelll it I crave pasta and starch. Back to to the tea though it’s a very light flavor (never goes bitter boiling water for 20+ mins still smooth) it travels well since it can not be over brewed and seems to possess very little caffeine (not bitter at all nor does it give me an energizing “buzz”). So depending on what you are looking for in a green tea not bad.

Overall all it was an impulse buy, it being cheap and I have never tried taiwanese green tea before but I wasn’t that blown away I will try gongfu since it is actually a green heart cultivar so maybe I can get some body out of it if I use boiling water and high leaf to water ratio but until I get anything striking it will just be my buffer tea to drink in between stronger teas.

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

First steep for 20s:
Incredibly buttery and smooth. Very enjoyable.

Second steep for 30s:
Essentially the same, slightly sweeter.

Third steep for 40s:
Sweeter, but still very buttery, slightly less smooth.

This one of two teas I ordered from Mountain Tea’s Black Friday sale. I don’t have any plain green teas in my collection – the closest being some Genmaicha – so I decided this would be a good opportunity to try some!

This tea is different from any plain greens I have encountered. Even the look of the dry leaves is unusual – large, dark and curled. It brews up into a pale green-yellow liqueur. The taste is very smooth, vegetal and curiously salty. It reminds me very strongly of the sea.

I think this tea is quite nice, though I find that it’s more enjoyable in small quantities. I say this because whenever I brew an entire pot, I start out enjoying it, but after a while the taste will become a bit overwhelming. Just an observation, but otherwise it’s a nice change from the usual sencha!