Organic Mountain Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From The Mountain Tea co

After a quick rinse, the fragrance transports you to a field of orchids. Sip slowly and savor it; you’ll find this tea refreshingly light bodied yet very fulfilling with floral notes that wrap into an umami finish, slowly fade into a slightly sweet, nectary afterthought, and leave you wanting “just one more cup.”

About The Mountain Tea co View company

This was a sample included with my Black Friday order from Mountain Tea Co. I made up a pot to share with our little Tea Club at work.

The dry leaf smells of spices – nutmeg, maybe? Cinnamon? First sniff has me thinking of chocolate. Can’t quite pin it down. The first sips bear out that dry smell. A light oolong with an intensely buttery feel, more like broth than tea. Color is an extremely pale honey, even after 5 minutes of steeping. Honey. I think I also get a bit of honey taste from this. As it cools, more flavors come out and I do notice the orchid more than I did when it was hot. Very refreshing and enjoyable hot or cold.

It won’t be an everyday drinker for me, but if I like the rest of my order enough to refill it when I’m out, I might get some of this to have on hand.

Oh! This is lovely! It’s smooth but sweet with a hint of green-ness as well as a hint of nutmeg! There are also gentle floral notes that fade in and out nicely! Very nice!